Would a relationship make your life worse?

I think a relationship would make my life worse. We all have a romantic ideal but the reality is you would be hooking up with an actual human. Probably a needy selfish human.

11 Likes

Only if the girl is unemployed and i must support her with money. That would be a worse relationship :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind being in a romantic relationship, but I know it would come with some sacrifices I’m not sure I’m willing to make.

I would need to make time for the other person, and I would feel obligated to spend a certain amount of time with them.
That would mean less time for friends and myself, something I’m already struggling to balance.

3 Likes

If I was in a state to be in a romantic relationship n it was a compatible person then it would make it better. Otherwise hell no

3 Likes

Pros and cons come with any relationship

6 Likes

I’ve been in relationships (before I was diagnosed). The majority of them were with people who just were selfish. Maybe I was just a bad judge of character.

But it left me with the impression we live in a “what’s in it for me” world.

4 Likes

If she respects your vulnerability. why not?

But that is easier said than done. Who would like someone who wants to be a lot alone, sleeps ten hours a night, takes medication, tries to work as little as possible and is sensitive to stress?

maybe it’s a bit of a negative line of thought. But it is true. imo

5 Likes

That’s how I feel too.
I wouldn’t feel like I was being fair to the other person by telling them “we can only hang out twice a week, or I’ll get stressed out”

2 Likes

it’s been good and bad having Phil here as my significant other,

the thing that good is I tell him every night, Honey, I just my meds in,
so I remember that I took them, and he always says, Good.

I might say something like, I’m hearing Westerns in the living room,
when there’s no t.v. on, and says, Oh,
but we don’t talk on and on about my issues,
on to the next thing we want to talk about.

He’s really good in bed, and always cooks for me,
and does a fair amount of cleaning too.
But we argue over money, and he might insulting at times,
and he has a slight anger problem when drinking beer.

My parents don’t like Phil, and they went so far as to take
my dependent adult son away from us, out of my house.

I’ve often wondered if I can have a long term steady man in my life,
as usually I just do dating, maybe for a couple of months,
then on to someone new.
But Phil and I love each other. I was 9 when he was 20,
kinda weird to think about. He beat stage 3 cancer,
and raised 3 boys by himself. We click well with chemistry,
and I think that’s because of our similar Catholic upbringing.

4 Likes

I’m in a healing phase, doing things that are actually reducing my positive and negative symptoms, but if I were to run out the door and get into a relationship now, I probably would just scrape by at it. I want to thoroughly enjoy the relationship, so more healing is needed.

3 Likes

Maybe a relationship make your life worse, but having no relationship can also make it worse.

It depends on each person. There are guys who want serious relationships, while there are others who want to play with several women.

I think it depends on what you want for your life. If you don’t want a serious relationship, you shouldn’t be in one. If you want to be single, be single.

3 Likes

It depends. I’ve never been in an actual relationship, but I’ve ruined lots of friendships by being distant, paranoid, and just plain weird. Right now I have two really close friends who are so kind and understanding that it’s hard to believe. I think you just need to find the right person.

3 Likes

Oh, the cynicism… :smirk:
Hey, why bother meeting people at all?
Might as well just stay in bed until you’re old and die.

5 Likes

yeah I don’t know if I’m meant to have a romantic relationship. I guess a live in girlfriend or wife would be nice, but it would really stress my finances.

2 Likes

A romantic relationship would definitely make my life worse. They always have in the past.

3 Likes

I don’t think badly

2 Likes

As I near 40 and my mind matures a little more, I think a relationship would really enrich my life. Especially with an older lady or a lady around my age. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would love to be in a relationship would give me a reason to want too live…

1 Like

I don’t want a girlfriend then that means get a job a vehicle and a house

2 Likes

this girl i like is amazing, i wish we were together :slight_smile:

4 Likes