Worse thing about schizophrenia?

Hey guys as above anyone? For me its the isolation and the loneliness!

1 Like

The suddenness of it all. Everything can be A-ok one day, and the next day you’re in a living hell, often even despite a good med regimen.

3 Likes

For me it’s the what ifs that psychosis may be able to lead up to they are so bad from my experience that I don’t even want to say them out loud

Everything in schizophrenia is very bad, nothing good. Without meds I can’t function bcz of postitive symptoms and with meds I can’t function bcz of negative symptoms. There is no way out.

1 Like

command hallucinations are the worst for me

For me it’s the scary stuff. Scary hallucinations I mean.

For me it is either catatonia or delusions. I’ve had both, but if I had to choose one it would be delusions. Just the whole break from reality is distressing.

1 Like

Paranoia > Delusions > Negatives. I think in that order.

Worse thing for me right now is that everyday is different. I have no consistency. Good days, bad days.

1 Like

The worst thing about schizophrenia is hiding and not disclosing the disease to normal people who would be concerned or afraid of me because i have this mental health issue.

1 Like

The most scary symptom of sz I had is catatonia,
I was frozen no motion, no emotion, fixed eyes for up to 20 min. Once I was frozen with a knife in my right hand thinking about stabbing myself.

1 Like

Suicide is the worst but it only happened 3 times to me since I was diagnosed so catatonia is the worst.

Not knowing what’s real and what’s not. What people actually said vs what I thought they said. If everyone else saw/heard what just happened or just me.

Negatives. Beeing one third as productive for my life that I could be.

But maybe because meds make my paranoia/delusions under control

1 Like

Having schizophrenia.

2 Likes

The same for me.

1 Like

Losing all my connections with best friends, friends and acquaintances was a big thing for me…

That was now 6 years ago pretty much where my peers rejected me fully due to my Schizophrenia making me so ill and the effects the meds had on me.

I was a mess, and it was very public in that my name has been dragged through the mud and everyone I went to school with etc will know by now I am a schizo

For the people that lost friends because of SZ.
These people are not really friends.
Yes it hurts but with time you will find those that are real.

1 Like

The friends I got after sz while on Abilify were of lower quality, less smart, than before sz.
Now I don’t have friends and its better, I would rather have no friends than having dumb friends.
Many of my presz friends were Drs, one is a brain surgeon. While on Abilify, many of my friends smoked weed and had no job or no university degree. Sz made me stupid.

Some used cocaine, I would rather have my smart friends or no friends than having drug addicts as friends.

2 Likes