Worry about people looking at you?

How often do you guys worry about people looking at you? I’m currently trying to study at a library but after my eyes jerked at the sound of something, someone gave me a weird look. Now I’m scared that he might be looking at me so I’ve begun looking at them. It’s really ironic and I don’t know how to break out of this loop.

1 Like

What’s up with your profile pic. Did that dog offend u lol

1 Like

Oh, no. It’s just a meme image I found that symbolically represents my mental condition. Hallucinations or just voices that observe me and say derogatory things.

Whatz ur old name …!!!

Magicfish

1 Like

I have this problem, in my case it is related to ideas of reference, thinking that when someone is looking at me he is doing it for judging me and making fun of me. It is like a torture. :frowning:

3 Likes

Haha i was asking to odditory …!!! Thanks magic fish…!!!

1 Like

hi, this is my first ign for this forum! it took me a good 10 minutes to think of one that I found was witty and cool~

I get this when paranoid
If I’m walking down the road and someone is walking before me with back to me I think they are looking at me it’s very uncomfortable

I used to get that feeling in my younger days when I had bad anxiety about my looks. It’s possible it was just a premordal symptom.

I get that feeling sometimes. And like you, I end up repeatedly looking at them to make sure they’re not staring, which of course makes them suspicious and start looking.

I usually end up forcing myself to look at something else, and try to not care that a random person is staring at me, although it’s hard sometimes.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Take care :slight_smile:

I feel the same way! It’s relieving to know I’m not the only one

1 Like

yes i feel that way when walking or working outside.

When I think I am under surveillance I conduct counter-surveillance! Don’t know how many afternoons I have spent hiding in bushes following folk around :joy:

2 Likes