Worried about relapsing - am I becoming delusional again?

Okay so I got out of the psych ward not too long ago

I started experiencing stuff like thinking that my mom is going to kill me (not to a delusional level conviction though) again recently

I also sleep pretty badly recently

I had a past episode of psychosis with only delusions, no hallucinations on February-March

I’ve been on Abilify since my involuntary admission into the psych ward in March although I quit my medication when I got out at the end of April… was without meds for around 2 months with no relapse at all

Now I’m on Abilify Maintena injectable because the doctor thought I wasn’t med compliant… my 2nd injection is coming up next week

1 Like

You’ll likely not relapse, meds either work or don’t the first time. Just don’t get off them because they might not work again after.

1 Like

You could be getting some breakthrough symptoms, especially if you are under stress and not sleeping well. Try doing yoga and meditation for stress relief and do whatever you have to do to get enough sleep even if it includes talking to your pdoc about a sleeping pill. Sleep is key.

1 Like

How to do yoga? Anyway I hate taking meds if they aren’t needed 100% :confused:

1 Like

Yoga is a certain type of stretching exercise you can google or just stretch if you want. And I know you don’t like to take pills but sleeping is 100% needed, trust me. Without sleep you could easily go psychotic again.

1 Like

That’s true I guess

I’m going to try everything so I could sleep well

1 Like

what’s the vague sense of paranoia then? breakthrough symptom?

Good. I’m glad. I’m a lunatic when I don’t get the required amount of sleep. Of course right now I don’t need as much, but sometimes I need a lot.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hopefully Abilify will work for you. If not maybe ask your pdoc for Invega Sustenna. I’m on it and it has stopped my delusions.

1 Like

It worked for me before when I had my episode

Maybe it’s just the med concentration running low

1 Like

Good. You should be good to go when you get your next shot then.

1 Like

YouTube has lots of free yoga videos to follow, just make sure you start with beginner videos.

And I’ll echo everyone else. Sleep is key. A tired brain does some crazy things.

1 Like

Sometimes mild symptoms can’t be treated with meds, you just have to learn how to ignore them and avoid triggers, my family helps. I still have the delusion that everyone is going to heaven afterdeath, it makes me suicidal sometimes but I tell my parents and they help me. Also I can’t watch news, horror and blood video shows, it triggers my psychosis.

2 Likes

I guess you’re right
I didn’t have the feeling on meds tho it started a few days ago

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.