Worried about my sister's future

My younger sister is 32 years old. We are two siblings and we come from a middle class family. I was always a bright student in school and my sister was below average at studies. She has a weak mind and takes time to understand some of the things, not all of the things. I was very sharp and would understand everything without even telling, just by looking. My mother never liked my sister for that and always was angry on her since childhood. After my marriage, my sister was left alone with my mother as my father was out for work most if the time. She got married 8 years after my marriage, in May 2015. Before marriage, my father had explained everything to the boy about her mental ability, her weaknesses, her strengths, everything. The boy and his family had readily agreed to the marriage. But after marriage they started torturing my sister for not knowing or on inability to learn some of the things. She couldn’t bear it for very long and she started fighting back. Things became worse, so much that the marriage is now dissolved from last 11 months. The boy and his family very badly insulted her and my parents. They broke all their promises, they even lied that we never told about her condition before marriage.

Now my sister doesn’t like to talk to anyone. She only watches some spiritual programmes on TV and does her routine work. She is taking Arip MT thrice a week. We are trying lots of different ways to keep her busy in her hobbies, and tell her to exercise, go for morning walks, etc., but she is just very stubborn and fights if we force her. I want to keep her busy as much as I can, so that she can be cured naturally.

Please advise so that I can help my sister to come out of this depression.

@iwantjustice I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Moonbeam
Volunteer Moderator