Working with schizophrenia!

Hi guys as above, who here works with schizophrenia, i work part time in a book shop!

10 Likes

I have an occult personality disorder (but i think its something else i will find out on friday) and i work as waitress

2 Likes

I work for the federal government albeit now working from home.

2 Likes

I have held jobs throughout my life and am about to start one as a psych nurse. I have never had a problem holding jobs because it is actually very helpful to me, grounds me and helps pull me out of a psychotic or otherwise upset state should I happen to be in one because it forces me to focus on reality and change my mindset. I am at my best functioning when I have a job.

4 Likes

I freelance as a content writer. That way I avoid human contact as far as possible. People stress me out. I tend to miss-trust people and hence end up having few friends.

3 Likes

I work full-time as a commercial insurance broker. Also used to volunteer part-time on top of that before COVID.

3 Likes

Yes. Full time as software developer. It’s mentally exhausting, but it’s almost the only lucrative thing I know how to do. I could also be a translator but the paycheck would drastically shrink.

3 Likes

IDK if you would call it work. My janitor job is pretty easy.

3 Likes

I work from home now. However, work still stresses me. I hope it will get better with time.

3 Likes

I work as a landscaper currently, but might be working back in an IT job soon if the interview goes well.

If not, I have a study program lined up for September to become a Mental Health Nurse.

I just left before lockdown a company I used to respect until it got bought by an American firm, and all the people I knew and trusted slowly left and it was not as supportive and restricted creativity

1 Like

I’m a writer and an artist but I struggle to work on most days due to avolition. Haven’t published my book yet or sold any paintings due to lack of motivation. I wish I could have that spark!

But I do manage to help my husband with his business tasks (payments and statements etc). Don’t enjoy that much though.

Wish I could just get off the ground with my art and books! Got two books I finished about my journey with sza and my journey to Islam. And a third book I’ve started about veganism. And I have poems as well which i want to compile into an anthology.

1 Like

I work at a liquor warehouse building pallets full of alcohol for customers. The job is very labor intensive and pays accordingly.

1 Like

I work at my own business for 24 years now, gets harder as I age cause a lot of lifting heavy stuff

1 Like

I work at a pizza shop, I make pizzas and do food prep. Pretty easy, but sometimes frustrating.

2 Likes

Is it true that when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie that’s amore?

5 Likes

I’m working as a freelance translator and language editor.

I’m having trouble finding something. Most of my experience is in groundskeeping

1 Like

I’m in training for freelance web design. I actually have the skills to do some of the work now, but I spend 4 hours 3 days a week in php at a group home.

I worked 4 months temp at bvr work program at Goodwill. 3 months full time in the shipping area.

Despite making 50 cents an hour I worked as hard as possible every day. They hired a guy with depression who wasn’t particularly energetic.
I felt used and exploited. It isn’t many of us who are successful with work. A lot of it is discrimination. The statistics bear this out.

1 Like

I actually have been told after sending in 24 applications with no interviews that I should have just kept sending them in, the implication being I’m weak because I didn’t.

Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

1 Like

I have psychosis.
I’m feeling gradual improvement in my symptoms so I believe by end of Autumn I’ll be ready to start working part time. Really excited about this.

3 Likes