Working at the

So it’s 7:16 pm right now and I’m working at the funeral home. I got a night job doing security. I’m by myself in doing the job and I’m feeling so sleepy. I have to take my meds in 30 minutes, and I’m sure they’ll make me sleepy. How did I end up here? Well my husband works with a funeral director’s wife and I got the job as security. :policeman: Hey, it’s something. I’m in here with 2 bodies. One of the families are here with me so I’m not alone right now.

6 Likes

I have done security before. Not too bad but late shifts are tough. I usually worked weddings and receptions and football games.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been in training and my supervisor is gone right now to pick up another deceased. I’ve been here all day, because I wouldn’t be able to get a ride tonight because my husband’s on call. It’s strange how busy funeral homes are. I had to wheel in some bodies downstairs and I wasn’t even scared or paranoid. But yeah, I’m getting tired. :yawning_face:

1 Like

I used to go in the cadaver lab in college. What’s done to the bodies there is disturbing. They end up looking like aliens to me. I called them Alien 1, Alien 2… I’m guessing it’s a lot less disturbing at the funeral himself because they’re not all chopped up

1 Like

I’ve seen videos on the process. They’re pretty stitched up when we get them. Mostly cleaned and look back to normal unless it’s a closed casket ordeal. But I don’t interact with the bodies too much, I just help transport. But the whole process is interesting. We had a wake for someone that was cremated and I watched the whole family in shock and anger because they didn’t want their loved one to be cremated, but the spouse made the arrangements to do so. It was tense, but we were there to keep everyone calm. Honestly I’m not a fan of being here. I’m just testing things out. I’ve already started seeing faces in the walls and ghostly figures in the hallways. :scream::cold_sweat: Also the owners know I have Schizophrenia so they understand if I don’t feel comfortable working here. I’ve made it this far. 🤷

1 Like

Are the spirits real? It’s a funeral home. I’d have to wonder whether it was sz or ghosts.

1 Like

Well good on you for working. :slight_smile:

I’ve worked security before, I had sort of a dangerous job because we had to work with the police at times. I wouldn’t do that job again, but it gave me a lot of stories to tell people.

1 Like

I don’t believe they’re real. I have to tell myself it’s just my sz. :scream:

1 Like

I’m impressed that you’re doing so well. I’d really struggle with that.

1 Like

Thanks, my meds are keeping me pretty healthy. I go see my pdoc on the 5th so that’s good.

1 Like

Sounds like an Easy way for my mind to go insane! I don’t know how you could it!!! But I would love to try! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I thought so at first, but it’s turned out pretty well. My husband’s coming to pick me up in a few. My supervisor has another trainee and she’s coming in to take over. We were talking about why having security in a funeral home and the stories I’ve heard are very scary and strange. One being that people have come into this funeral home and many others in the wide area to steal from the bodies or mess with the arrangements. But my supervisor swears that the bodies move on their own and that one had me freaked out. :scream: I was also told that the bodies make noises and some have even sat up on their own. Total mind blowing. :exploding_head: So far everything’s been peaceful and quiet so that’s good.

3 Likes

I worked at a funeral home when I was 16. Helped embalm and stuff. Hope you like your new hob. Best wishes.

:innocent:

1 Like

Thank you @ThePickinSkunk I will.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.