Work threats

Well now I guess he can’t afford a firearm… Or bullets. Actually I’d be worried about the strong silent type that still works there. You know… The guy that’s into fireworks. Sorry sorry I know I shouldn’t joke.

Funny guy. Hilarious.

1 Like

Well what happened needed to happen. Only thing to do now is to lose your fear of death. Although I guess most people don’t do that.

I have reasons to live, so no, I’d rather not be shot down while at work, thanks.

While I worked in pensions, there was a rash of shootings by disgruntled pensioners and social security recipients across the country. We regularly got death threats - once, a guy came down and lit a coffin on fire in our parking lot. We had an open plan office, but used to grimly joke about how our department was towards the back of Cubicle Hell and near an exit, so we’d probably be able to escape if a shooter came.

The travel and IT departments were right in front of the building, though, so they probably wouldn’t be as lucky.

I didn’t say you should want to die just not fear it.

@anon68237654, I’m sorry. That’s terrifying. I hope your company will up security for a while and perhaps have the police patrol your parking lot. Work stress and money stress can make a lot of otherwise mostly reasonable people do unthinkable things, though most threats don’t bear out. Do you know any friends of this man who can check on him?

Take a look around your workplace. Is there large machinery that can provide cover? Where are the exits? These are all good things to know anyway. Take care of yourself and stay safe.

1 Like

These days threats like that have to be taken seriously. He needs to go to the mental hospital for observation and treatment.

Hopefully this whole discussion isn’t making you more anxious @anon68237654

Maybe you could ask your supervisor at work how seriously they’re taking these threats and if they’re taking any additional security precautions at your workplace.

1 Like

maybe you place of employment would benefit from a training session… what to do god forbid if it ever happened… possibly bring it up to your boss… knowing what to do would benefit all…

1 Like