Work stoppage

My computer wouldn’t start up Monday morning after the weekend. I was going to ship it to New Orleans but the IT lady didn’t work Thursday and Friday so I got approved to drive it there.

She called me yesterday and said it’s not recognizing the hard drive and she had to call HP to get them to send a new one.

So it will be a while before I get my computer back and I will have lost all my work.

This really sucks but I guess I get a mini vacation out of it.

I can’t work without it. Don’t know how I am going to sign my timesheet tomorrow. I guess I will have to get my manager to do it.

2 Likes

Ugh! That sucks! How long until you get a new one? How long did it take to get all that work done that you lost?

1 Like

Not necessarily, its possible to recover but its costly.

1 Like

The IRS won’t pay to recover it. All my logins and passwords were saved on there too.

All the programs I downloaded and had shortcuts to to do my job. Will have to refigure all that out.

I am guessing it will take about two weeks for them to get it back to me. It’s been three days.

3 Likes

SSDs have a much lower failure rate.
Good luck.

1 Like

I’m guessing this is confidential info that can’t be saved to the cloud? My radio station uses MS OneDrive as its back end. I have no fear of getting hit by ransomware or a drive failure. Worst case, my data streams back down to the new machine within about six hours and I’m good to go again.

1 Like

They won’t let us put things on an external hard drive or a memory stick. I tried that when I didn’t have a printer. The IT lady said she will give me a password so I can do it in the future. We also have a small shared drive I can back up to.

Unfortunately I didn’t have anything backed up.

1 Like

Understandable and you have my sympathies.

2 Likes

My new hard drive came in today. They are imaging it right now. Might ship out today.

3 Likes

She just called me. Our office is closed tomorrow because of the hurricane. Monday is a holiday. So she is going to ship it on Tuesday.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.