Words that trigger PTSD

I am always out and about doing so much with my life, but there are times, someone says something, it triggers major PTSD, flashbacks of the trauma of first-time psychosis. How many years does it take to heal. It’s been 9 years since my episode and I still have flashbacks.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I have unDX PTSD as I keep having flashbacks to my elementary school days prior to my drug use.

I dont think you can ever heal from PTSD, just learn how to cope with it.

1 Like

I have complex post traumatic stress disorder which resulted in schizophrenia. I find that my symptoms are ways for me to try to heal my brain. I pay close attention to what my hallucinations might mean. It helps me to solve some of the social delimna’s I experience. I now feel like a stronger individual. Currently, I’m working on my biography. It’s hard revisiting the trauma. Yet I’m finding closure that I never thought was possible when I was younger. I think that PTSD can improve over the years, but it takes time, therapy, motivation, and hard work.

1 Like

Yo, you just gave me a new outlook to my life

Thank you so much @MikaMoon

:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

With therapy it gets better faster, but even with the best help there’s always the possibility you’ll always be triggered to some extent.

1 Like

I have PTSD from early childhood sexual abuse and I had flashbacks until my abuser passed away 40 years later. Then they stopped. I stopped being afraid that he could hurt me or anyone else anymore. I think if you’re still afraid you will still get flashbacks. Once you are able to put it down you’ll stop having flashbacks. But that’s hard to do with the possibility of psychosis looming. Maybe you can address your fears in therapy and get some relief if you haven’t already.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.