Women-would you date a guy that doesn't work?

Wow you got a different response than me. I tried for a month when I had income and nothing. I don’t know how I would feel dating a single mother. It is almost like the guy they tried to be with who is the father didn’t want them so now they settle for you. But I guess that is a bit pessimistic.

1 Like

I don’t think so. If he’s on disability then I would want him to at least volunteer or do something. But when I was on a relationship hunt I wanted to have children eventually and I was fed up with being the one making more money and being more stable. So I wanted someone to take care of me so I could have children, and he better want to have children. I wasn’t going to settle for less.

Maybe a woman who doesn’t want children would be more accepting of a partner who doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Some will settle for a guy that doesn’t work but it’s not something women look for or find attractive. I can’t speak for the mentally ill ones but women seem to look for a guy that can provide a good nest for them. so that they can live out their ambitions.

I dunno, it just seems like common sense to me we’re here to do something not hang out. Sometimes I wonder why a small percentage have flawed dna and mental disorders, it doesn’t seem right, to have people that can’t make it in the real world. My grandpa thought these people shouldn’t have mates. I don’t know the answer to that one.

2 Likes

I have written professionally in the past. I can craft a pretty good ad. :wink:

2 Likes

I believe it.

1 Like

My boyfriend volunteer works and is on pension.

I have volunteer worked for different places.

I was paranoid at riding for disabled and felt they were all against me and stealing from me etc including staff and the disabled.

I volunteer worked at other places. But meals on wheels is where I want to volunteer work for now depending on the people etc

My longest job was a year as a cleaner in private home and it was at most eight hours per fortnight but it took a lot out of me and I had symptoms too but managed.

I am educated aged care worker but go hysteria and mute etc so could not do that work but have wondered if I only had one client and no more and who we feel mutual comfortable with if I could then.

Several boyfriends I have had were unemployed.

One was a retired welder who was my best friend and who broke his back etc
One was a chef who was retired

The one who was s welder was very generous.
He shouted me pizzas and said his money as ours but it was not it was his money.

Another that was a millionaire was really pretty cheap towards me.

My boyfriend and I share bills and food cost /50/50 usually.
His left overs are his and my left overs are mine.

I have a boyfriend who is not employed and I want to marry him
He is very handy and is great partner and great things he does .

Best boyfriend for me I ever had.
I see him as a great man .

When I was on dating site I was employed part time working eight hours a fortnight.

I told him about schizophrenia.

I was looking for a country man with no children and not wanting children.

I did not want to date a city man because I do not want to live in a city .

I did write on my profile that I did not want a smoker cause I quit but my man is a smoker .

I asked if he does crime or drugs and he said no.

I reckon I found the man of my dreams.
His physical appearance is my taste and aswell as that he is a one woman man ,trust worthy ,honest ,honourable etc
He is great and so good to and for me.
Blessed be💕

I am so grateful and happy to be in relationship and have him as my partner.

I was wanting a stable, solid etc

So yes I did date men that were poor and not working.

I am taken now and want to marry my great man that I met on a dating site.

I am so thankful we found each other.

When we started chatting he said he could not afford to meet me because traveling would cost petrol.

I actually put money in his account so that he could drive to my state I was in and meet me.

He was not a scammer and did not run away with the money but stood by his word and drove for days to meet me.

After four days we had decided to live together and he left and drove back to his state and before he left we booked a ticket for me to travel to him.

He picked me up and a few months later we drove back to my place to get my things.

I almost stayed and we almost broke up but I ended up driving back with him and he had walking talki and drove infront of me.

We slept in swag which was cozy but I had a break down and cried driving through to me desert land .

I took sleeping tablet those days.

Then I saved up for my horse to move interstate aswell and now she is here and I live in another state now.

I almost felt ready to go to hospital when I lowered medication dose so I started taking higher dose and feel more stable now.

3 Likes

You can possibly find the answer to this online by googling it. Most women won’t consider dating a guy who is chronically unemployed.

3 Likes

im a lot younger than you but i wonder the same thing. i try talking to potential partners and all of them dont even consider me because of my condition. i get along with people well and i think i would be great in a relationship but i lack the financial aspect of a normal person. i hope theres someone out there for everyone but i doubt that

1 Like

Yes I would date a guy that doesn’t work
If I liked him

1 Like

My guess would be no, if ur on ssdi then maybe but if u have no income it would be really tough especially when u have a disability it’s as hard as it is.

Unless u got them 10/10 looks then ur ■■■■■■.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for that woman who is worth billions who will wisk me away to her mansion over on the rich side of town but all the billionaire women in my state live with guys who have more money then they do. Seriously money matters in this World of ours and children require lots of it. I think however looking back that my attitude plays a big role with me being alone. My Mom picked one of my step-fathers who was unemployed and homeless at the time because she liked the way he looked and he agreed to raise me and my brothers. He turned out to be a loser who exaggerated his abilities and bragged about meaningless things. He played the role of house husband for a few years making me and my brothers do most of the housework. He did eventually work at a low paying job, and started a failed business and he and my Mother eventually divorced because of money issues. So yeah guys it can happen but a lot of my “bad attitude” amounts to the fact that in order to get a girlfriend I probably have to act a lot like my former step-father and hated the mere thought of it.

1 Like

I think this sums it up:

1 Like

women need successful men with money… powerful fathers of their unborn children…

1 Like

what if the person was a millionaire and didn’t have too work

1 Like

I think that disqualifies anyone from this community.

2 Likes

a woman may love a poor guy but she will probably marry a wealthy guy.

2 Likes

Why Is that? 151515

I guess I’ll probably have to wait until I can get work, whenever that is. I might be able to take online classes for computer technology.
I wish I could make things happen faster.
I don’t think I would have allowed a woman to take care of me financially. That’s the furthest thing from my mind! I suppose I would’ve been a very cheap date though.

Sometimes life just is what it is. There’s no consciousness there for it to be intentionally cruel or kind and people often just are the way they are.

how would it @velociraptor…?

1 Like

For myself personally, I think the minimum requirement would be decent disability income and he would have to be giving back to his community in some way. So ATLEAST volunteering, plus he’d have to help around the house 50/50. This is considering we get along well & have strong affection for eachother. This is my personal criteria.

Honestly though, the majority of women do want a partner who is working, even if it’s like factory work or whatever.

1 Like