🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏿‍♂️ What can you say about 1️⃣4️⃣❓

I got my new hearing aids today! They’re Bluetooth and while they can’t connect to my computer right now, I really like them a lot!

7 Likes

What?!? But you aren’t fat!! Wtf, I would slap this dude halfway across the world.

A lot of people aren’t thin. It doesn’t mean they aren’t healthy. You have nothing to worry about. It’s always good to try and be healthier, but this guy has some nerve saying that to you. You clearly aren’t obese so as long as you’re trying to make an effort to be healthier your ‘friend’ has nothing to worry about.

If I was in your position I would tell him I’m concerned about how disgustingly hideous his face is.

The fact that he’s talked about it with you before and probably will again… God that’s so beyond ■■■■■■ up.

I would never treat you that way, fyi.

Sorry if you don’t think it’s messed up. Just my opinion. But he doesn’t sound like a good friend. Even if he says he’s ‘concerned’ about you.

2 Likes

I mailed off my disability papers. I’ll hear back in 3-6 months. :smile:

It took me over a year to complete my section. It made me anxious knowing I had to do it. Now that it’s done I feel like a (small) weight has been lifted off my shoulders. One less thing to worry about.

7 Likes

I need a ■■■■■■■ vacation. Maybe a medically induced coma. Something.

3 Likes

New guy hasn’t texted me since yesterday morning. I’m a little worried but don’t wanna be needy.

My meds should be in, today.
Things are already looking up, just knowing this. It’s been a horrible last couple of weeks…

3 Likes

I think my high blood pressure is cause I am having too much sodium. I checked the foods I eat regularly and there is a lot.

This is why I wish my pdoc would give me tests for vit & mineral levels so I can be sure.

I just made an “appointment” for blood work for 17 April and I had to ask the lady on the phone what do I do to get the requests because I only asked her for “blood tests” and she was about to end the call when the appointment was made. And I had to stop her to get information. Apparently the “appointment for blood tests” is actually just an appointment to talk to my doctor.

I’m going to try and see if I can find a website that will do blood tests online and not go through this overly bureaucratic system.

We fly to Brisbane today for the weekend to meet my new great niece Heidi.

Mum is throwing a party on our behalf at my favourite park near where I grew up so I can catch up with the whole family in one hit. And it’s my Dad’s birthday next Monday so I’ll make him a cake for the party too.

Usually I don’t look forward to going home, but I am looking forward to this trip. I miss my niece Emily (Heidi’s mum), she used to live here in Melbourne. I think I’ll spend all of Friday with her.

And for the first time in a long time, Mr Turtle is coming with me. Very seldom does he visit with my family.

4 Likes

Blood work is expensive when not going through your doctor/insurance.

Last time they told me to ask my pdoc. And then I asked my pdoc and he said he was giving me the tests I wanted but they weren’t. I only see my doctor every 2 months at best. This takes too damn long.

1 Like

I am 99% certain that it’s my sodium though because drinking water seems to help. My head aches become less intense and my body aches less in general.

What is the brand of hearing aid?

I cannot believe I actually found a really great nail hardening polish. Since I started applying it last week, my nails have grown strong and long. I cannot believe I will be able to paint my nails on Friday for the palm sunday weekend. I guess I will do a bright pink color.

Sunday we are going to a nice restaurant with a few friends at 3:00 pm. I am wearing a gingham dress.

3 Likes

Do you drink a lot of Gatorade? I’m chronically hyponatremic and when I was in the hospital they made me drink tons of Gatorade until the pharmacy got in salt pills for me.

ETA so avoiding things like that is probably a good idea.

1 Like

I drink Gatorade, not a lot. Most of the sodium I get is probably from junk food, food seasoning, and ramen noodles. But gatorade probably doesnt help because sometimes I like to drink things with flavor. They used to sell the crystal quenchers at meijer which were a good replacement for that but they no longer do that.

2 Likes

I’m thinking back on my oh-so-delusional ex-boyfriend who I dated throughout high school, and I kind of miss him and all of his whirlwind of crazy. That’s something I never thought I would admit. We fought a lot, but I missed our little virtual world, the whole life we built together via our screens and our words. It was a place of healing even if it was a place of delusion and enabling. So tough to deal with this right now.

2 Likes

i have a headache i just got done playing video games with an online friend for 5 hours straight

i need to take my dog out but im in bed but i cbf to get up and go outside

im gonna count to 10 than jump out of bed and get ■■■■ done

3 Likes