Wolves at my back door

wolves…yes they have come to eat my cats, its not all that great living in a rural area you get all these wild things running around. so people ask, hows your schizophrenia, I just say you know, It could be better, but it could be worse. people think what they want . you can stop them. so I cary on with my day normaly. with my wild thought, and my poor eye sight. and do quite well. thank you. well any one can take pills not ever one can say it works for them.

4 Likes

Yikes! DrZen When I saw the thread title, I assumed you meant this figuratively, but you meant it literally. :fearful:

"May you find solace in the gentle arms of sleep
Despite the wolves outside your door
In time, you will see them all as harmless
And their idle threats easy to ignore
And if ever fate should choose to smite you
Stand your ground
Never walk away
Please don’t ever let the world defeat you
Don’t get buried in its decay
As you drift into the gauzy realm of dreams,
May you take comfort in the thought that you are safe
For it only takes a fraction of a second for all of this to change

Return to me
When slumber’s fog has lifted
Return to me
Stronger than before

As you sink beneath the soothing strains of time
May you be thankful that you had another day
For there comes a time when each of us will enter
A sleep from which we will never wake
And if ever fate should choose to smite you
Stand your ground
Never walk away
Please don’t ever let the world defeat you
Don’t get buried in its decay
Close your eyes now if only for a moment
For it’s time you get some rest
The wolves are gone and nothing here can harm you
Let go of your fragile consciousness

Return to me
When slumber’s fog has lifted
Return to me
Stronger than before"

Assemblage 23 - Lullaby

Wolves arnt so bad yea they sing off key but make up for it with sheer volume…can’t be too mad at anything that worships the moon though…

Yikes! We get coyotes and foxes out where I live, but luckily our cats are good climbers! They just escape into the trees or come inside.

Ah not to jump change animal subjects…but I heard a very very large coyote circle of death the other night…I know desert coyotes don’t do it so Yankee coyotes may not either…its terrifyingly beautiful…makes all the hair stand up on your neck n arms…

1 Like

When the coyotes get going in our neighborhood, my cats press themselves to the floor in terror and my dogs refuse to go outside. Even I feel a little freaked out. It is something else.

1 Like

The ones around here all howl in unison as they encircle their prey so we dubbed it the circle of death…then they all start that chirping yipping and barking as they overwhelm their prey…they seem to reserve this practice for other coyotes and dogs…but this pack I heard had to number 50 to 100 that’s large and very intimidating as so many are howling together…the cats and dogs get freaked out when the coyotes are chirping and barking…they disappear and stay hid for a long time after they hear the circle of death…

50-100 coyotes sounds scary. Up here, there are never more than a handful in a pack. It is very easy to kick at them until they run off. But that many could easily overpower someone. Yikes.

1 Like

Yea east and southern coyotes in general will avoid or run from people…but I don’t see a pack of 50+ being intimidated by much if anything…I have made a pack of 20 back down once…showed my war face and gave them a Valhalla war cry…bought me enough time to get my ass back to the car…but I doubt it would work on so many…

1 Like

I think we only have a few here - I’m guessing in the 5-15 range? But I live smack in the middle of town, not near farmland at all. We do have a large wooded estate and city park nearby, so somehow we managed to get coyotes and bobcats there.

My mom and my sister’s inlaws live closer to the edge of town, and they get bobcats more frequently, and they had a mountain lion a few years back. We’ve had wolves on the other side of the river, but they haven’t made it over here.

@Daze, what kind of wildlife do you get? Remember when that bear got down as far as I 80 a few years ago?