Wives tales and does it really work?

Glad I could help. I will say one more thing in the same vein. I was at an AA meeting MANY years ago and a guy stood up and shared. He was an alcoholic. During a drinking binge one night he went into a blackout and he killed his best friend. He didn’t know it until the next morning when the police came and knocked on his door and arrested him. He didn’t remember a thing.
This is an extreme example of what alcoholics are capable of. But to avoid a tragedy in your family for all parties I really hope whatever they teach your brother ‘sticks’ and he stays sober when he gets out. Good luck. Alcoholism runs in my family too. My mom warned me about the dangers of drinking. I ended up addicted to drugs at age 27. I’m glad I’m clean now though.

I can understand why you don’t want to get the police involved, but you need to draw the line somewhere. Maybe it will stop him from doing it again. And he needs to pay for the repairs on the vehichle and the repair place may not repair it without a damage sticker which you would need to bring the car in to the station to get. When they see the car they will be wondering what happened. You might not have a choice but to get them involved.

The super glue will work. One of my teachers at school recomended it for emergencies.