Wish I knew someone my age with schizophrenia in real life

I just feel so alone not being able to relate to someone about my schizophrenia in real life. Maybe I should attend groups but I just want to meet a friend my age who has dealt with similar mental issues as myself. I love this forum because it helps but I feel alone in real life and I don’t wish schizophrenia upon anyone my age but yea I know not everyone likes to openly admit they have sz …feelin lonely how r u

2 Likes

How old are you? Just being curious…

I am 18 years old

1 Like

You are so young… Don’t worry, you will meet someone your age

1 Like

Thank you I hope I do

1 Like

I think about that sometimes. But I wonder what the reality would be like.

1 Like

Yea what if we end up being too much for each other and get sick of each other haha

1 Like

Yeah, exactly! Lol. :joy:

I’ve met other Schizophrenics in person.
A lot of them are too socially withdrawn to be friends.
It depends.

2 Likes

I did know someone my age who had ADHD and borderline personality disorder. We were super close for a while until we moved apart. I did feel we ended up becoming too dependent on each other because we were together everyday and I got sick of it so maybe I should stop my wishful thinking haha!

1 Like

True I’m at a new school and I started having anxiety attacks because I’m so socially withdrawn it makes me feel bad that I can’t laugh and joke with other people as easily as some people. I just stare at people and wonder why they thought something was so funny. It’s hard to make me laugh and I hate it. I’m too serious I guess

1 Like

I’m 19. I don’t know anyone my age with psychosis/schizophrenia either.

1 Like