Schizophrenia.com

Wish I knew calculus

Good for you!!!

I never believed Arabs were terrorists even after 911. I know some Arabs are terrorists as well as Timothy McVeigh but nobody talks about him. He’s a white guy who bombed a building in Oklahoma. It was considered a terrorist act

2 Likes

I was going to teach math and started to take it. Isn’t it mostly doing calculations with a higher power, or lower power? I don’t really remember it. I guess I didn’t get far in calculus. It’s about finding derivatives and the slope of a function. There are good YouTube videos.

1 Like

I could write a book on how unfair it is to be called a terrorist because of my heritage when the majority of terrorist acts in the US are committed by white men. But it would delve too much into politics so I will just say I also learned to ignore such comments.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. I knew about Timothy McVeigh though.

Did you have a lot of problems after 911? I went to college in 1994 and many of my friends were from Saudi Arabia. My Saudi boyfriend was a jerk. It was a strange culture to me but they were decent people.

@Crystal-Cotton

Hon, you need to talk to your pdoc. You keep asking us if you are this or that, and your pdoc has your answers.

I wish you the best, and let us know what you have. Take care!

4 Likes

Yeah overnight I went from another white kid to suddenly and abruptly Different.

1 Like

I’ve always thought about self studying math to calculus. Don’t know how realistic such thinking is but I guess it’s easy to entertain myself.

1 Like

I would do it. They offered business cal at my community college which is applied calculus without trig. Not saying you should do that, but it’s easier and geared towards business/accounting/econ majors. That or maybe get stewart or some cheap amazon book with lots of pictures and stuff. I find they are more entertaining and easier to read and understand. I have like 4-5 different calculus books alone. They got calculus for kids and calculus made easy for adults. Some are harder or more dry/rigorous than others. It can make or break a person and make the entire ordeal different. They used stewart for community college. I wasn’t really ready for the texts like apostol/spivak. I would read those since I have tutored and stuff in calculus and I would be learning new concepts and things I didn’t learn. I went from nothing to community college to transferring to a top school in math.

I was the dumbest person in high school when it came to math. Seriously. I matured and learned stuff and took it seriously.

There’s many formats: online, community college, self taught. I recommend some sort of class or brushing up on trig/alg and then do pre calculus if you need to. This goes for everyone. It’s kind of general. Geometry is useful too. I skipped geometry since I failed it the first time in high school, took it again and got a C - it transferred or I got credit for it at community college. I hated math and geometry for years, but had good mentors/teachers at community college. I wanted to do business or econ. I had a lot of hot pretty college girls recommend me to do stem, not business. I mean I was sort of smart and talented so I took their advice lol/haha.

I just took all the math without a reason at community college. Not sure why. I guess I was just waiting to transfer. I should have taken physics looking back. Physics is important and can be applied to various other subjects just like math. I plan on doing that soon in 1-2 years if I feel better/want to.

I’m going to start at high school physics at a CC online. I’ll learn everything I need using algebra/trig and then go up the ladder to mechanics and then hopefully electromagnetism/circuits. Just because it fascinates me and interests me. I think I’ll quit there.

Maybe take 1-2 courses in computer science too. That should give me enough courses for a AS-T in math or something.

I might stop there.

3 Likes

Yeah, I always wish that too. It would make figuring out how much to leave for a tip at restaurants a whole lot easier.

1 Like

Thank you for the cool post you just wrote.

I was really good at math in high school. I earned an A.A.S. in Accounting when I turned 20. Never worked directly in the field but sometimes life turns out that way after a sza dx.

I would have to start from the bottom though and do a thorough review.

:smiley:

2 Likes

According to my calculations i should have money in the bank, dam i am bad in calculus.:grinning:

2 Likes

I loved that course in college. I took 3 physics classes. Mechanics, electromagnetism/circuits and optics/relativity.

3 Likes

Damn that’s really impressive. Definitely a smart man. I’m biased towards physics :smiley:

1 Like

Here we have to succeed in college to be accepted in university. I think its different in the US where college is like university?

1 Like

here it’s college or university after high school. You can choose college or university… college is more practical.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.