Schizophrenia.com

Wise words by a great mathematician about god

The great French mathematician Blaise Pascal reckoned that, however long the odds against God’s existence could be, there is an even larger asymmetry in the penalty for guessing wrong. You’d better believe in God, because if you are right you stand to gain eternal bliss and if you are wrong it won’t make any difference anyways. On the other hand, if you don’t believe in God and you turn out to be wrong you get eternal damnation,whereas if you are right it makes no difference. On the face of it the decision is a no-brainer. Believe in God.

Hi, just for the sake of argument, if you don’t believe in god but you’re wrong, wouldn’t god still be more interested in how you lived your life? Wouldn’t he understand if someone didn’t believe in him and let them into heaven if they lived an honest, responsible, helpful life? Wouldn’t he care more about their actions as a a good person, a good father/mother, a good citizen, a good provider etc. even if they had their doubts that he existed?

2 Likes

His scriptures can give you different answers about that, like jesus is the only way. Or you could look at his amazing grace. Anyways it says something about the weary will find rest and the kingdom of heaven is for the poor so if god existed ( the biblical god) you’d probably be going to heaven a believer or not because this illness is so damn wearisome. So if that answers your question yes heathens and atheist can be saved @77nick77 but the only answer I can give you because I’m a opioniated man, is why not believe

OK, thanks for the reply.

1 Like

@77nick77 just to think on a realer sense. All you have to do is this one verse in the scripture and you’ll go to heaven forever haha. Romans 10:9 “if you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

I think that heaven and hell are childish -simplistic concepts of what happens to people after they die. I am more open to the idea of reincarnation than anything else - this has more meaning to me. A red devil with a pitchfork or a god with long white hair and a white beard does not cut it for me - I am too smart for that

2 Likes

I heard the other day that the philosopher Kierkegaard said:

“Faith without doubt is merely credulity.”

2 Likes

i don’t believe in god and i already have my penthouse in eternal damnation paid for, it has a beautiful view of hades.
me and the devil are like brothers.
take care

1 Like

But do you ‘believe’ in God so you can gain eternal bliss, or do you believe in God?

someones got to be at the helm of this sinking ship :ship: :angel:

(metaphor)

1 Like