Will you meet anyone on this site....?

As above thoughts?

1111 :sweat_smile:

No. I like being anonymous

1 Like

Nope. I take you as my imaginary friends :blush::heartpulse:

4 Likes

I will make a road trip and buy @Aziz supper if we move to eastern Canada this fall.

:blush:

8 Likes

@Aziz is a cool guy. It would be cool if you could meet him.

3 Likes

Probably not, but I feel I kind of owe @LunaNoir a vintage rum on the rocks. :innocent:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure weā€™re even allowed to :thinking:

Aw @NotSeksoEmpirico cheers (((hugs))).

There are a few other people I would like to meetā€¦ especially @Montezuma so I can make him jerk chicken and heā€™ll make his famous chiliā€¦

2 Likes

I probably would, honestly

2 Likes

I call dibs on the HannahNannerā€™s ankles.

:blush:

1 Like

Yeah, I donā€™t know. Technically itā€™s against forum rules but itā€™s not exactly something that you can be flagged for :stuck_out_tongue: . Iā€™m sure people do it.

3 Likes

Om nom nom :yum:

Will you meet no one this site?
Please discuss

2 Likes

@Bowens, technically, I donā€™t think itā€™s against forum rules. Itā€™s just strongly advised against.

2 Likes

Yes, but we generally enforce the ā€œforum guidelinesā€ as rules. We donā€™t allow people to share contact info on the public forum despite it being a suggestion in the rules, for example.

You are mostly correct thoughā€¦At one point it says " members should not communicate with each other off this site." and then it goes on to say ā€œIF you doā€¦ā€

So it both kind of says not to and then contradicts itself.

@77nick77

2 Likes

Here is the relevant part of the guidelines:
ā€¢ Anonymity

Our members join our community to share with other people living with similar illnesses. Because many of our forums are public, we must keep our identities completely anonymous. In that way, we can discuss the role our significant others play in our lives without publicly embarrassing them. Likewise, we keep anonymous so that teachers, employers, fellow students or coworkers can not ā€œGoogleā€ and identify our community posts. To protect your anonymity, members should not communicate with each other off this site. We ask that members not exchange phone numbers or meet in person. Our experience is that these ā€˜offsiteā€™ relationships can be disastrous (especially when one member becomes pathologically dependent or manipulative towards the other). Basically - be careful. If you ever meet anyone offline - be sure that a friend or family member has full information about the person you are meeting - phone number, email address, and information like that.

3 Likes

I think Iā€™d go to a meet up, but if it was a group and somewhere public. But yeah, itā€™s not without risks.

1 Like

I do not believe I will meet anyone on this website In-Real-Life as the majority of forum members are scattered around the world.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: but Iā€™m a real people :sob::sob::sob::sob:

Imaginary level sulks all the way to China

And meets with all the other imaginariesšŸ„³

3 Likes

When I was on the Nami forum I made the mistake of sharing my phone number. Well, that didnā€™t end well so I probably wouldnā€™t meet anyone though I think yā€™all are great and I think anonymity is a good thing.

2 Likes