Will you inherit money if your parents pass away

Well, both my parents died years ago. When my step-parents die I think I might get something. Not a huge amount though.

1 Like

My mother said shes only leaving me 6 Grand, so my UK benefits are not affected. The house is worth £260.000 tho - so even in death, shes gonna fck me over. She wont even leave it to my daughter.

I love her dearly - but she was a total ■■■■■ when i was ill. So i wont be going to her funeral.

1 Like

I will have a trust fund

1 Like

I have a sister and my parents have 2 and a half houses and I’m not sure how much money. I don’t know how long I’ll live due to some super heavy smoking I do. There are no guarantees in life I might be homeless in 20 years

Yes, I will if I outlive them. I dreamt last night that I wouldn’t live a long life. So, it could also be that they will inherit money the other way around.

My parents died already, brother ran off with what they had

2 Likes

I never asked about inheritance. I’m mostly worried how my parents passing will affect my mental health. The grieving may just send me to the hospital.

4 Likes

Yes I will have an inheritance. I’m greatful for that but not really looking forward to it cause it would mean my mum would be no longer here.

1 Like

I will inherit property from my mum and two single aunties. Don’t know if I can keep it though if I go on disability (there’s an asset limit), so might pass it over to my brother and ask to live in a shack in his yard.

LS! My father tried to disinherit me. But that is not allowed by Dutch law. So I inherited from him twenty years ago. My mother is now 87, she will leave me about 200.000 when she passes away. I can wait another five years for that, but then I myself will be almost 70 years old.

1 Like

More than I’ll ever know what to do with. Trust fund, They will be helping me out for a long time after they pass.

A house plus a share of our other house. But probably will have to pay some inheritance tax possibly I dunno.

i’ll probably get my rent money back and some money like 40k, i would inherit this house too but i don’t want it if mom and dad arent my neighbors, just going to live in subsidized housing. my dad is looking into setting up a special needs trust for me managed by my big sister. the money i will just use for clothes and groceries and maybe a rare trip, i wont buy a car, i will walk or ride a bicycle in my hometown.

maybe i’ll get more than that if us kids are the ones who have to sell their house, it’s probably worth 400k in 20 years who knows,

I’m getting a bracelet. My sisters are getting a piece of jewelry too

I hope not. I’d hate for them to feel they need to hold off on spending money so they can leave some for me when they die.
They’ve spent more than enough on me.

My brother has a neat inheritance written for me in his will. I don’t mind that as much, because he lives life to the fullest and I don’t feel I owe him money

4 Likes

Here laws are strict : no parent can disinherit his child.
Well, I am not impatient for my father to pass away… :confused:

1 Like

I doubt I will get much of anything my mom is convinced the government will take everything from me, and maybe she is right. I’m not sure, but it feels a little sad that she isn’t thinking of ways to include me in her will.

1 Like

Same here. However, I would prefer my parents live as long as possible because… well they are my parents. Who would be with me everyday and every night if my parents are gone.

2 Likes

When Covid first started to become a thing my parents updated their wills and everything is to be split 50:50 between my brother and myself. I stand to inherit tens of thousands of dollars when they pass from their life insurance.

I had a real estate agent call me a few weeks ago and told me she could send me updates about the housing market in my area if I gave her my email address. I gave her my email address and got an email a few days later. The houses on my street and in my neighbourhood are currently going for about 1.4 million dollars.

With inflation, the housing crisis in Canada, and time that will most likely go up considerably. The houses 2 towns north of me are currently going for about $400.000 and they are nice homes. That means when my parents die I can sell this house and buy another house in a different town and retire with a million dollars in the bank. For that reason I am not worried about the future

But that is all tied up in real estate and life insurance. For now I don’t have much money. I do have a small nest egg in cryptocurrency, and the could skyrocket in the future, who knows…

I’m not worried about the future with respect to money. I have no kids though so I don’t know who or what I am going to leave all my money too when I die.

1 Like

Sorry i didnt mean that last post about my mother.

Im a grumpy old git lately - im suffering and its making me moody :frowning: