Will you inherit money if your parents pass away

I’m going to inherit a pretty good amount of money, when my parents pass away.

3 Likes

My parents said I won’t inherit anything, everything will go to my brothers.

2 Likes

Maybe something. I got nothing. I don’t think I’ll live long due to smoking and drinking and being obese.

Hope you are responsible with money and don’t waste it like me.

1 Like

Not me. My mom had debts that they tried to collect from me. They can’t actually do that, but they tried to intimidate me. Were told to arse off.

3 Likes

Nope. My parents aren’t wealthy. My Dad (the earner) doesn’t seem to know how to save at all. Retiring is gonna be hard for both of them.

1 Like

I wish we could get you out of that house, man.

5 Likes

I will likely inherit the house since my sister already has a house. While my sister will likely inherit the other assets. I don’t know for sure though.

2 Likes

I am ok with my family but could have been better or worse. I am soon going on disability if it doesn’t affect my parents’s income.

2 Likes

My mom left everything to my sister. I only got $5,000 from a life insurance policy.

Whats your parents reasoning for not leaving you your part of the inheritance? If you don’t mind me asking that is

1 Like

No idea havent asked…

Many reasons, my brothers need it more than me and they are smarter, they will multiply it. I am also reckless with buying, I am not good at saving money, I overspend.

1 Like

Also probably bcz I have sz.

Also if you’re on disability you can’t have more than 2000$.

My fathers estate went to pay for his nursing home fees. I was left with £16.000.

Life is worth more, memories are our greatest treasures

2 Likes

I guess them letting you live there is enough of a financial gift however their inheritance should be divided equally amongst you all reguardless of your horrible spending habits.

1 Like

I’ll get money and a house!

2 Likes

That limit is for SSI right? You can have as much as you want with SSDI. :frog::frog::frog:

3 Likes