Or will I be dancing alone
As I twist and shout
I will be longing only for you

15 Likes

Nice one…!!!

2 Likes

U will be there and I will be near…

Thats the deal my dear…

Wherever whenever we meant to be together…

2 Likes

I love that song, Shakira sure can shake that ass can’t she?

2 Likes

Hi ya @Leaf aunt…!! How are u feeling today…!!!

2 Likes

well I don’t know. I’m sorta ok I guess, my day is just starting so I have to wait and see. I’ve been having horrible brain zaps for the last 5 days. I saw my pdoc yesterday and she hooked me up with some hair of the dog so we shall see if today goes better. I think I feel a little better, I slept better, so that’s a good sign. I love you @far_cry0

How have you been the sexiest man alive?

2 Likes

I am good…!!! Drinking some warm milk…!!

2 Likes

You know war milk is a great way to relax yourself because milk is high in an amino acid call tryptophan. It’s also found in abundance in turkey, which Americans eat a lot of on Thanksgiving and it makes us fat and tired, so we all sit around doing nothing for the rest of the day after we eat it. Except the moms who have to put away all the food and clean up all the mess and serve the pie to all the fat, lazy, turkey stuffed bastards who came for dinner. And why do we do this every year? Because, we want people to like our turkey. After all the years of doing this to the turkey and then trying that to the turkey I have found that if you just shove that damn turkey in the oven and leave it alone for a couple hours it turns out the same as it does if you fuss over it. So I just gave my Thanksgiving over to my “higher power” and let the guys clean up the mess and I like Thanksgiving so much better now that I can enjoy the tryptophan high myself. Enjoy your milk, cheers.

4 Likes

Thanks @Leaf aunt…!!!

2 Likes

I always love your poems! I should try to write one soon. You inspire me :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Super cool @Leaf. Hope you and your loved ones are doing well.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I hope you and yours are well also.

1 Like

You are so kind. I think you should write. I’m starting a journal for my feelings, thoughts, rants and some poetry. I like this poem too and I want to change a few things about it so I put it in my journal so I can play with it. I hope you share your poems when you feel ready. Take care sweetie.

2 Likes

Nicely patterned poem, @Leaf. Would work well as a lyric. Hope you’re doing better today :sunny:

1 Like

Thank you honey. It’s funny you say it sounds like a lyric because I am a songwriter, or was anyway. I guess I do follow that pattern for my poems, they have that repetitive thing going for them. I want to branch out and try new things with my poetry. Maybe I’ll read some poetry to get some ideas. Who’s your favorite poet?

1 Like

I’d have to say Wallace Stevens. Who’s yours?

1 Like

Joaquin Miller, but I confess I haven’t read many. I have difficulty reading, my eyes don’t track well on the page. But I seem to do better on the computer, so Im hoping I can read some more now. I will start with Wallace Stevens. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Gotta sign off now. See you soon. Ciao!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.