Will my psychiatrist

Will my psychiatrist be mad that I stopped taking my morning dose and just kept taking my evening dose? I noticed the dose I was at was making me feel zombiefied until I stopped my morning dose.

1 Like

You’ve got to take your meds prescribed by your doctor.
If you feel unwanted symptoms talk to your doctor about it, but don’t stop taking meds on your own.

5 Likes

I’m just so scared of him. He has this angry attitude about him when I ask anything.

2 Likes

Then work on looking for a new doctor but listen to your docs.

4 Likes

I am struggling with the same problem. I am faced with the option of either skipping my morning meds or drinking an energy drink on days that I have to get things done. If I don’t, I am sleepy and drag all day. I skipped my morning meds today just so I could run errands. I don’t do it more than once a week, and I don’t recommend it, but I don’t know what else to do.

2 Likes

I probably should wait 'til my next appointment then because it got so bad I couldn’t even smile.

2 Likes

He might be, but you should talk with him honestly about how the dose and schedule are working for you. If you can’t, try to find another doctor who you can talk honestly with.

There is usually a reason they prescribe specific schedules, but you should always be able to discuss the reasons.

2 Likes

Maybe you could ask your pdoc if you can take the two doses of risperidone at night?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.