Will i get the sack?

I just started a new job this week and they have asked me to do a criminal record disclosure.
I am happy to do so but I am worried because of an incident about 18 years ago. If they find out what I did , will they sack me? The crime was… I got into trouble with police and waved an offensive weapon in front of them, and got arrested I was very unwell back then with serious schizophrenia. I am now a complete law abiding citizen and successful homemaker… I must say that I did mention this on the job application originally.

Just worried I will lose this new job, any advice anyone? Thanks a lot

1 Like

I have no idea. Maybe some others will know if it affects a job application.

If this has already been disclosed, likely not.

:blush:

2 Likes

I’ve filled out job applications that ask if you have been convicted of any felonies. They say it doesn’t automatically preclude you from getting hired. Hell, my co-worker was in prison for 16 years. And I bet it wasn’t for shoplifting licorice.

1 Like

Can you get that crime expunged from your record? Sometimes ( I think) if you commit a serious crime but you never had a criminal record before or after that, you can get that crime taken off of your record.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure most background checks ask if it’s been within 8 or 9 years only…That’s what I’ve seen here in California. Anything older than that you don’t have to disclose unless it’s felony I believe. You should Google for your area.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.