Will I get taken away from my mom?

Because I was angry at her for diagnosing me

People are trying to be reassuring right now, but as someone who actively works with the foster care system: yes. You could be taken away from your mother and placed in a long-term residential care facility if you continue to behave violently and she is unable to stop you. You need to start making some real choices if you don’t want that to happen. You need to choose to comply with treatment. You need to choose to never threaten harm or commit violent actions EVER again. You need to choose to follow directions. I used to work in group homes for children who were too unstable to live at home. Those are not great places to be,and you are very close to ending up there if your country operates the same way mine does. You are the only one who can choose to stop that from happening

2 Likes

I’m trying to stop it from happening… sometimes I get angry though and rage

Medicine can help with rage sometimes. Be committed to taking your AP so it can help you with that

1 Like

Sometimes it is harder to make the right choices. Sometimes you feel like you can’t stop yourself from making the wrong choice. I kniw. Ive been there. I almost lost my marriage over it. That was when I had to commit to staying on top of my treatment, because I knew I would keep hurting people if I kept quitting my meds. I cared more about whether or not I hurt people than whether or not I was medicated.

2 Likes

I guess I should take it more seriously because the doc is considering clozapine… and i don’t want that

2 Likes

But even with clozapine, if it’s ordered by the dr, commit to taking it. It’s for your benefit

1 Like

It is hard to imagine lifelong consequences at your age. Everything seems sort of unreal and the future is a distant thought. But you have the chance to change the course of your entire life right now. I know it sucks to admit you need medication. We all had to come to that realization over time. Some of us decided on our own, some of us were forced into it. But it is time for you to make that choice. After a year and a half stable, you can always try to slowly taper down. Tapering down takes 6 months to a year. What is 3 years of your life when you could live to be 100? I didn’t start to recover until I was 26. Just these last 6 years has been worth it for me. I have a happy life that I love. You can, too. Step one is using the tools you have to make things better for yourself.

1 Like

APs are making me unhealthy though… :frowning:

Threatening to kill people is making you unhealthy.

Well I won’t do that anymore

What is going to happen to me if they send me to a group home?

Its not worth worrying about Crystal. Unless your Mum feels unsafe you don’t have to face that reality so I wouldn’t bother entertaining that idea.

I dont know what they are like in your country. In the US you have to go to the school attached to the group home, which offers only a modified degree that can’t be used to transfer to college. You will be forced to take meds every day. You will be told what and when to eat. Pantries are locked between meal times to prevent snacking. You have to participate in group activities. If you try to act violently towards someone, you will be restrained on the floor or in a chair until you show calm behavior.

They warned me last time so I think it’s going to happen :frowning:

I was in a crisis center home for a year when I was a teen because I tried to kill myself because of the abuse and neglect I suffered at home. I got a ton of therapy during that time. It was really difficult but in the end it worked for me. I was able to leave and was no longer as damaged from a lifetime of abuse and neglect. It’s not always a bad thing

2 Likes

Sounds horrible :confused: hopefully it’s not that way here because they threatened me with one last time and now are probably gonna send me to one because I was warned already

Not everyone who goes to a group home stays there for life. Lots of kids are only there for a month or so, until they stabilize enough to go back home.

4 Likes

I don’t like taking any of my meds, but I have a stronger dislike for the consequences if I don’t take them. Having a stroke is a good reminder to take one’s blood thinners. I guess I can live with being a walking bruise with constant nose bleeds when you consider the alternative.

Yeah you’re right
I’m going to adhere to my meds from now on

1 Like

But isn’t clozapine dangerous?