Will i feel normal one day?

great that its better for you :slight_smile: i have negative symptoms as well-lack of motivation,no positive emotions etc etc… i am writing a lot now,probably it ll take time for the haldol. its my second day on it :slight_smile:

You have 20% chance at a full recovery. Whether you take meds or not, you have a 20% chance at this being behind you.

Then 25% of us have a chance at getting a lot better but not exactly how we used to be.

The rest not so much.

Extant research has shown this. Extant is the opposite of extinct; it means latest and greatest.

I fall into the “one in five” because I am basically a tough little son of a bitch.

I used to think I was done for. Imagine that.

1 Like

I heard haldol is good for negative symptoms

you used to think that you re done? that youre finished you mean? me personnally i dont know what to think anymore…

I have no motivation.

i am afraid that ill never fit the norms in the society. i guess i am still afraid of the others… i should wait probably one month minimum on haldol?

That is simply incorrect- it is more of a blunt tranquilizer. Clozaril (clozapine) and Latuda are known for helping negative symptoms more so than other antipsychotics.

Most antipsychotic meds make negative symptoms worse unless countered with caffeine. Medicated mouse drinks 100% more coffee than unmedicated Mouse to do less work.

yeah,we’ll see. my doc gave me haldol against the paranoia,she sees the main problem there…

1451315161515 changed my mind.

Based on the input I have gotten from several others on and off the forum with respect to (what to most of us here would be plain shocking) eastern European cultural views about – and treatment of – sz, I feel compelled to strongly recommend that you get a copy of this book and read it. Have your family read it, too.

ok notmoses,ill see this. in fact i am afraid of when the colors are being too bright for me. in my schizo it was like i am in a life with black, after the meds i had this feeling of bright colors and i become really paranoid then. you think this is possible from some meds? what to do then,waiting to see for haldol?

Do you talk openly about your illness with those close to you? When I first got sick, my mom was adamant that I should just shut up and use my willpower to get over my symptoms. But I kept educating her and everyone else in my life, and now we can all talk openly, and they treat me just like a regular person because my illness is no longer some unspeakable weight. It is just a part of who I am. I don’t feel totally normal, but I at least feel accepted for my abnormalities. Maybe you can have that too.

cj,i am constantly on the beck of my mom. shte helps me a lot. she knows everything about my illness,more than she should have known probably. i am really low functioning right now,shte is helping me but sometimes she wants from me to be more active.

I’m glad you have support from her. That is more than a lot of people have. I know you’re in the process of changing your meds. I hope you find something that works well for you. Finding the right med helped me get my life back on track. Meds and a lot of hard work. I have never had negative symptoms though, so I don’t know how hard it is to fight for your life against a crushing wave of apathy. I was always super motivated to get better.

yeah,often its boredom and depression. but the worst here is my bright colors right now,i am afraid it will happen outside when i am really paranoid… i think thats my meds,precisely-the clozapine which i am tappering off…

Do u see bright colours when close your eyes?
I wear an eye mask when I want relax

Not unusual. Sz is itself strongly associated with hypersensitivity to light, sound, and tactile stimulation. Theoretically at least, the dopamine-channel-blocking typical and atypical anti-psychotics (like Thorazine and Haldol among the typicals) should reduce – not enhance – that sensitivity. If a particular med does enhance it, it seems like it would be useful to experiment with other anti-Ps.

no,its only when i am eyes opened :confused: quite awful thing. what if this is not my sz but meds,is it possible?

ok,thank you notmoses,it answers my question…:slight_smile:

if you breathe and think :books: …and you are kind :heart: you are a success…
changing your definition of success…is important… not ’ success '.
take care :alien: