Will covid require yearly vaccine like the flu?

as above, will we have to get vaccinated every year?

Good question. I hope not lol

1 Like

It’s possible. A few people have been reinfected. They were with different strains. So if covid keeps mutating, it’s likely.

4 Likes

Given the rate it’s seen to be mutating at now it’s highly unlikely a vaccination will last a year. Too many strains.

1 Like

Yeah there’s one strain specific to Peru for some reason.

1 Like

Unless the vaccine produces a T-cell response I don’t think they’ll provide protection for more than 3 months.

The astrazeneca vaccine does this apparently. I’m not sure about the others.

2 Likes

There’s also an attempt to bring alpha cyclohexadextrin with capric fatty acid to market as medical food for covid as another option. They reduce cell permeability for viruses by removing phospholipids and are already present in a lot of processed foods as emulsifiers, etc., and have GRAS status from the FDA, and some supplements containing this can already be purchased anyway.

2 Likes
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Here you go :slight_smile:

So what we’re gonna have to live with this mutating virus for the rest of our lives then?

1 Like

I read that healthy people may not even get access to a vaccine till after 2022. It will be limited

1 Like

Right. Get out of my way.

[elbows turtle boy to the side]

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Turtleboy toots and then rolls onto his turtle shell and now there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

:turtle::dash: :cold_face:

1 Like

I’m prepped for winter walking. Bring it.

2 Likes

tenor
Thought I saw you out for a stroll mate

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.