Why some students fail while others succeed

And there he goes…

I recommend watching this:

Failure can be turned into success, even if it is just learning from the failures and building character. And, remember, every failure puts you that much closer to the next success.

:blush:

Don’t get me wrong. I think grit or perseverance is a good quality to have. I am not knocking grit.
However I firmly believe that below a certain level of aptitude for something no amount of grit is going to allow you to succeed at a subject.

If you take two people who are close to having the ability to succeed at something then, yes, I would support the view that the one with more grit is more likely to get over the finishing line

Grit + talent will obviously get you further than talent - grit.

At the end of the day though perhaps we should not look at whether we pass at something but whether we have done our best regardless of success or failure.

Ultimately all we can strive to do is our best. Grit may be a useful tool in that process.

How about letting people try and motivate each other without always elbowing your way in to start shouting excuses? Seriously, some of us need this without the constant buzz kill. I don’t think you realize how strongly you impair the recovery of many here.

I love hearing success stories. Good for you for overcoming your hindrance.

1 Like

That was uncalled for. I have always done my best to be helpful. There was no ‘shouting’ . I merely expressed an honestly held view.

As it is as you see me as counter productive to the good of the forum, then perhaps I am wasting my time in the amount of time I spend finding stuff to better inform others.

Perhaps it is time for me to close my account here. I really did think I was doing good but if not…

To firemonkey.
Keep doing what you’re doing well.
Many people can make better-informed decisions regarding their own health, thanks to your news posts.

To everyone.
Disclaimer. This thread was meant to encourage people on this forum to take a look at themselves and check if their are doing their best. I didn’t mean to criticize. For those of you who are already doing your best, all I can say is “good job; keep going”.

1 Like

Thank you for your news posts, firemonkey!