Schizophrenia.com

Why People With Schizophrenia Have Poor Quality Sleep

Interesting…

10 Likes

Hmm…,

Haven’t Seen You Posting On Here In Awhile @SzAdmin!.

S’all Going Well For Yuu (???).

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Beat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:dog: :snake: :dog:
:zzz: :dizzy: :zzz:

1 Like

My sleep is really messed up at the moment. I have been up since 3:30am as I went to bed at about 8pm last night.

The problem I have is my dreams are so traumatic, I literally do not want to go back to sleep once I wake up as it’s truly terrifying when I first wake up again.

Now I am on my 6th cup of coffee and 10th cigarette, and it’s 5:17am.

This does not work well when I have to work during the week.

Weekends suck big time.

2 Likes

My wife kneeing me in the arse several times per night may play a part in this.

2 Likes

I’m on aripiprazole. I don’t know, they say it’s ‘stimulating’

1 Like

Sheesh… I’m surviving - but like many people, this covid stuff and the economy in general has made for some difficult times…

Keep on… keeping on. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I take 75mg seroquel before bed to knock me out. If I don’t take it I sleep 3 hours less.

2 Likes

Indeed.

I Could Complain, But!, It Wouldn’t Do Me Any Good.

Keep To The Setting Sun.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Beat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:dog: :snake: :dog:
:zzz: :dizzy: :zzz:

The answer is simple for why I cant sleep its the meds

1 Like

My psychiatrist concluded i have a circadian rhythm disorder of some sort. Suppose to get a sleep test but its delayed by like 2 years cuz of covid and wait list.

So i took it into my own hands. I bought some Light therapy glasses. I use them in the morning for 20 mins when i wake up. There called Luminette 3 glasses.

And i take 0.5mg of melatonin to help keep my circadian rhythm regular.

It helps me.

4 Likes

I bought this device and it diagnosed severe sleep apnea in me. So I tried a few of the do it yourself apnea solutions I found on the Web and putting a chiropratic wedge cushion under my pillow solved it. Didn’t make much difference to my mood or energy though as I was already fairly well considering.

2 Likes

I’ve been waking up at night with stressful dreams since I’ve been taking AP. My dreams have changed since I’m taking Quetiapine and even though I still wake up at night, some nights a few times, I usually get back to sleep easily. With Quetiapine I’ve found myself sleeping until later hours in the morning. Sometimes I associate my poor sleep to bad sleep hygiene: I put my phone asside while still playing videos and get on my pillow without turning off the light, or I think I’ll get up to brush my teeth but I don’t…

I have bad sleep problems.
Drs here give you Zopiclone and nothing else, at least to me.
So im just stuck with it.

Since getting sz I cant sleep as deep as before sz. I think it has to do with sz. I also wakeup 1-3 times every night. I feel like my brain is trying to deep sleep but it fails.

I wake up tired having difficulty getting out of bed every morning. If it wasnt for the morning coffee I would have slept all day.

1 Like

Before sz I almost always had happy dreams that made me wakeup happy and energized. After sz, dreams are mostly neutral or negative and nonsense/illogical.

1 Like

My sleep is so all over the place and I feel spaced out. I feel like I’m nearly going psychotic actually. I need to get more sleep

I did the light therapy thing for a while too. My ophthalmologist noticed some eye damage (which I assumed was related) so I stopped. I now take a 3 mg pill of Melatonin before bed and it seems (along with common sense stuff) to help me get a decent sleep . . .