I graduated at 26 y old
people usually graduate at 22 y old
In our 5 years college
So that is right i failed 4 years year after year
But i never fail twice at a same year
i mean
I didnt repeat the same year twice
I always learn from my mistakes
But i seam i am very slowly learning to repeat mistake over and over again :cry::cry:
I also taked very bad decision after i graduated
I worked for low income
I dont know why my life is wasted like that
Mental illness still standing obstacle on my way
:cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

No life, except maybe the life of an abuser or murderer, is wasted. We all have value.

Be kind to yourself. You’re a badass! You graduated WITH mental illness. I’ll be 28 next week and still havent graduated from college. That’s okay. We have different challenges than people with good mental health.

You’re awesome! Never forget that.

9 Likes

Sorry man, life is unfair sometimes. and unjust are the people sometimes. But you can overcome just by making it through you life and learning and growing. I couldn’t start growing till I stopped illegal drugs in 1986 and not even then until i found the man upstairs and his son.

1 Like

I always think about future i dont like to waste my life
While illness insist on make me problems on my way
even take mind away from me so that i been to hospital twice while in college :cry::cry::cry:
I always think about forties i may be in wrong place still or somewhat good place
That is better to make use of your time

I’m sorry. My problem is I did it to myself. My mental illness was caused by drugs. I’m really unhappy on antipsychotics and i could of had a fun career and family but i don’t. That was 20 years ago and i haven’t done anything with my life. I participated in life and was happy but since 2015 I’ve been going through painful and horrible medication problems one after the other. Now i am content to be on disability and live with my parents until they die. After all this I’ve checked out. Maybe things will change once my brain stabilizes and I can exist without agony. I’m pretty much scared to engage in life now.

1 Like

Wasting your life is really relative question. There is not a one absolute reason for life. There is just different colours and all is equal for me. Existence is not accept absolute life meaning. İts try everything

1 Like

I still have trouble managing my mind and what i am and had sza and chronic depression and low self esteem and isolation. That’s why I wasted so much life. I lived some kind of life, just not the typical successes I suppose. Right now, I’m just trying to focus on the simple questions: who, what, where, when. Oh well, life goes on.

1 Like

I’m still in college and I’m 29. I’m taking my last class and should graduate in a month from now. I used to be really smart and then I got schizophrenia. I spent four years struggling undiagnosed in one major. Then got diagnosed and spent another four years at community college of which I only took one class at a time for years. Then I finally switched majors and transferred. I’ve spent two years at the college I transferred to plus this summer. I will have taken three times as long as everyone else. It’s humiliating. But at least I have a good job lined up after this. I also took like almost a year off after I got diagnosed. It’s been an incredibly long and depressing road but I’m almost there

2 Likes

Life is not wasted if you had an ethically good time living it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.