Why Movie Dialogue Has Gotten Harder to Understand

2 Likes

hehe, i always watch with subtitles… so i don’t have that issue >.>

3 Likes

I use subtitles too

3 Likes

Me too, but that’s because I’m half deaf now. I’ve had to learn to read lips. Everyone wearing masks really @#$%s that up for me.

2 Likes

I can’t be bothered to click it. No need for their cookies.

In a nutshell, why is it please? :slight_smile:

I would like to add that actors do not take allocution lessons or learn to enunciate or support their voices, which is, I guess, what they were saying in the article. I don’t think it’s a trend – I think it’s lack of training. Everyone is automatically a movie star or famous, so there’s definitely lack of trained, skilled talent to be had. Years ago, it was part of your training as an actor, to work with your voice.

There was also a trend called mumblecore, where this was specifically the point – I’m sure that’s what they were referring to. Regardless, it annoys the ■■■■ out of me. How am I supposed to enjoy a movie that way?

If the sound design is such that it overpowers the actors, then the actors should learn how to work with the new advances in sound design.

Also, I hate Nolan’s movies, so his haven’t specifically been a problem for me.

2 Likes

I read that exact article last week. I was glad to learn it isn’t only me who feels that way. I worry about going deaf.

1 Like

I think the godfather pigeon from Animaniacs started the trend.

1 Like

Never saw it.

Also, I don’t know how serious you are with this post – ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh I was kidding. He’s basically a pigeon that mumbles everything similar to Marlon Brando. Nobody understands him except one pigeon who translated everything he says.

1 Like

Ha! Ok. Got it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.