Schizophrenia.com

Why is there so much ignorance?

I’m 40 years n to dealing with sz I’ve learned alot.

One of the things I’ve learned is how much stupidity there is n our world when it comes to mental illness and sz in particular.

Why?

1 Like

I think it’s one of those things, unless you have it there’s no reason to learn more about it.

If you don’t know about it, of course it’s very easy to absorb Hollywood’s version of what schizophrenia is. You have nothing to compare it to

Whereas Depression affect so many people, schizophrenia affects only 1% of the population. Therefore, there is much less discussion about it

" the less people know, the more stubbornly they know it !"

2 Likes

People fear what they don’t understand.

2 Likes

People limited mind which is anyways confusing , and SZ is something more confusing so they ignore.
I get really crazy when people say its your thoughts that is not managed well. :rage:

1 Like

That is a very ignorant point of view, I agree. It’s like they want to blame the sufferer for being lazy or something. They really don’t understand

2 Likes

People just don’t care. They rather want to hate than love.
This is why I have a hard time trusting people.

1 Like

@laetitia maybe it’s fear? I had already known several schizophrenic’s before I developed it myself, so I knew that there was no real Danger. Without that experience, I might have thought of schizophrenic as being dangerous

1 Like