Why is seafood so expensive?

A new seafood place opened up in my town and I was excited to try it but 50 bucks for a dinner plate? That is horrible I guess no seafood for me :pensive:

3 Likes

Fish fingers are cheap :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Lol I guess I’m stuck with fish sticks :joy:

3 Likes

-I like smoked cod, 1 little piece was 8 bucks, maybe two bites, no thanks

2 Likes

Costco is where I buy my seafood. It’s reasonably priced and is always good quality

3 Likes

Hmm. . .

What’s More Expensive That The Sea That Frees The Fish You Might Ask, The Sun. . .

2 Likes

It’s expensive because the oceans are ripped of fish, especially the Mediterranean

4 Likes

I know its expensive because they have to go the sea to on boat, its more work to catch than other foods. I thinks thats why its more expensive. I dont know.

3 Likes

Everything has gone up everywhere cos of Covid

2 Likes

I’ve noticed Like a 5% - 10% increase in the cost of living since covid hit.

Some people are reporting like a 20% cost of living increase

3 Likes

Seafood and sushi are overpriced. I get smoked salmon from Costco only when its on special. We have a sushi and seafood unlimited buffet for 15$, you can eat as much seafood and sushi as you want, they have everything, shrimps, salmon (smoked and not smoked), mussels, oysters, clams, scallops, caviar, other fishes etc

3 Likes

Have you seen how much the equipment costs that is needed to catch seafood? To transport it? To store it? That’s why.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.