Why is freedom so good?

Do you consider yourself free and why does it feel so damn good?

1 Like

The illusion of freedom feels good because it gives us the illusion of control.

4 Likes

I think your definiton of freedom is at the moment a philosophical one.

Can you expand your statement please? :thinking:

1 Like

Freedom is not without consequence

2 Likes

I will give it a go @anon20787234 :

Every action is a result of other actions. If someone says “Hello how are you?”, you don’t begin to discuss with yourself what you should answer or if you should answer at all, you just answer the question.

Such rituals, and other successions of actions is a web you can’t escape from.

The things we surround ourselves with have an inherent function, that governs your action. If you have a cell phone, you are destined to use it according to its “scheme” or field of possible actions. You don’t use it to play basketball or make a smoothie.

But we should insist that we have some freedom left, and perhaps we have. We are trying to navigate in a sea of things we can’t control.

3 Likes

An to be more down to earth:

A week ago i spent three days in locked ward. When i came out, i felt an immense freedom, because i was less restricted in what i wanted to do.

3 Likes

Do you think here of freedom as only what others permit it to be?

1 Like

Interesting question. Maybe you can feel free even all the restrictions other peoples actions lay on you? Perhaps it is just a very subjective feeling? I dont know.

1 Like

Freedom helps us to really learn, and experience

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.