Why I got out of the rat race for good!

I finally got out of the rat race 10 months ago to start my own business and will be returning to my Science Degree with the OU by the end of year.After 20+ years of Deadend Corporate Retail Jobs (15 years when ill/undiagoised) i decided enough was enough i was fed up with all the Coporate BS,mundane,boring daily rountine/taks i was given,by uneducated managers,street kids and jobs worths and generally toxic/negative work collegues.I decided to go it alone and it is the best thing i have ever done,i feel happier than ever,my mental health is the best its has ever been and i enjoy getting up in the morning.Anyone else please feel free to reply and give me your thoughts thanks

7 Likes

Congrats on starting your own business! Good luck with school!

(Moved to school and work)

2 Likes

Hi, @anon30581159! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

I have many question.

• What’s your disease/diagnosis?
  • How do you manage stress to work on your own business? Do you work 6 or 8 hours a day (or even 12-16 hours)?
  • What’s your business niche?
  • How do you deal with stressful clients? Do you keep them?
1 Like

I really have this limiting belief that I can’t have my own business because I can’t have too much stress. Do you have any tip for me?

1 Like

I work 3-4 hours a day on Ebay, stressful customers are not a issue for myself 1 only so far as i have 20+ years dealing with them face to face also iam Paranoid SZ and i was section when i was 31 iam now 39 hope this helps you

3 Likes

@DelusionalSoldier Oh i forgot to add my business niche friend it is selling Official Licensed Movie,Tv + Music Merchandise on Ebay UK !

1 Like

no limits friend you can too anything you want too!

2 Likes

Thank you, @anon30581159! :slight_smile:

It is of great help and I hope you have great success in your life.

If it’s okay to answer, which was your job before working on Ebay? How many hours of work?

1 Like

Thank you! Your message is gold!

1 Like

@DelusionalSoldier I had full time 37.5 hrs per jobs in Corporate Retail mainly Stock Replenishment/Checkout but also some Retail office work aswell

1 Like

Congratulations I hope to be able to work for myself in the future. And I also hope to stay out of hospital

1 Like

@Ninjastar Sorry should have posted their

1 Like

It’s impressive you did it! I worked at a start-up and I couldn’t handle the pressure. I worked 44 hours a week though. I couldn’t relate with their culture too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.