Why i got a lot of cravings to smoke a lot

now i am going to light one…
with this its been 5 pieces from morning…
but u guys don’t smoke…:smoking:

I still smoke.
I’ll join you :smoking:

1 Like

minnii iz there any drugs that helps in quitting smoking…:smoking:

I honestly have no idea

1 Like

Yes, there is. I know of one, bupropion. You can ask your doctor about it.
I smoke too.

2 Likes

There are some drugs that can help reduce the severity of nicotine withdrawals and thus make quitting easier, yes. The most commonly prescribed is probably Bupropion (Wellbutrin Rx), which is an anti-depressant categorised as a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI) and is commonly prescribed as an intervention promoting smoking cessation, but is also used in the treatment of ADHD. NDRI’s differ from Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI) in numerous ways, but the relevance of Dopamine is secondary to the fact that Bupropion targets numerous nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, which essentially produces a similar result to actually smoking.

Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) have been asserted in numerous scientific publications as leading to antidepressant-like effects when activated. (References: 1 2 3 )

I think most psychiatrists would advise against the use of any NDRI by a patient with SZ pathology, as the risk of it inducing positive symptoms is too high - it can trigger manic episodes in Bipolar and Schizoid-affective Bipolar patients too.

Maybe hang 10 and there might be drugs that exclusively target nAChRs and do so selectively enough to be capable of doing duty for a lot more than just quitting, but also depression, ADHD, SZ, BPD, BP … well let’s just say that there is a lot of cognitive potential within nAcholinergic pathways than is currently published. It is an avenue yet awaiting exploitation.

1 Like

Have you tried ecigs you could get off real cigs, then go on ecigs and then give up ecigs.

2 Likes

I agree. Ecigs come in all shapes and sizes, so you can get off on a good foot before you even take your last drag of the real deal. It’s a nice experience tailoring the device to suit your whimsy - not just the appearance or superficial qualities either, you can hotswap engine parts and really get into calibrating and refining the vapor properties. It’s all harmless diversion that helps distract from the withdrawals. DId I mention that if you mix your own liquids together, you can self-manage your own titrimetry (in other words, taper the amount of nicotine in the blend down towards zero with total control only limited by the accuracy of the apparatus used to make the measurements).

I’m on day 5 of quitting smoking, I miss it so bad already, it’s terrible lol. I promise not to be one of those ex-smokers who lectures everyone who smokes. I will just be very jealous from afar. :fearful:

2 Likes

I almost forgot to actually respond to the OP.

It is not properly understood, but I hypothesise that it can all be boiled down to a number of SNP polymorphisms (genetic mutations) underpinning the well documented coencidence of cigarette addiction and numerous mental illnesses, including schizophrenia and ADHD to just name a couple.

I won’t list the DNA data, but numerous dopamine transporter and dopamine receptor genes are affected, but it has only been in more recent times that attention has been drawn towards the Acetylcholine pathways, and here comes the relevance of all this, NICOTINIC acetylcholine transporters and receptors are demonstrating dysfunction too.

Dysfunctional acetylcholine could explain problems with short and long term memory and working memory, concentration, and various other cognition metrics … nicotine is a toxin, yes, but the neural pathways themselves aren’t all bad.

1 Like

i might try e-cig soon.i don’t have money now…
i will buy it within this 3 month…
i have google adsense money waiting for nxt months…
but u guys don’t smoke…:smoking:
smoking is injurious to heath…
thanks for ur support guys…
Gud nyte .see ya…