Why I don't like hormonal contraception

also have pcos :frowning:

1 Like

It would make it a lot easier if boys had to get fixed before being able to go to junior high school

My wife couldn’t do pills and I couldn’t stand condoms so I got a vasectomy.

2 Likes

Interesting thoughts.

I mean all this is just if I ever get a Bf or guy partner. Still considering being a lesbian atm.

Then I won’t even need to use condoms. :grin:

1 Like

Um, hormonal birth control LOWERS your risk of cancer. Specifically, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer. That said, I went for permanent sterilization because I couldnct stand the mood swings I got on hormonal birth control and didn’t want the monster period that comes with the copper IUD

3 Likes

Also, as a lesbian, you should still use condoms on any toys you use for penetration. And dental dams for oral sex. STD’s are a lower risk when there is no penetration, but it is still possible.

5 Likes

Yes it lowers some cancer risks but it Increases other cancer risks :frowning:

Thanks @Ninjastar that’s really good to know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It doesn’t increase risk of breast cancer. It just makes it spread more quickly if you already have it.

from cancerreserach.org

Taking the combined pill increases the risk of breast and cervical cancer

Those currently taking the combined pill have a slightly increased risk of breast cancer. Taking the combined pill for only a short time may not have any effect on risk of cervical cancer. But, those who have been using it for 5 years or more have an increased risk of getting cervical cancer than those who have never used the combined pill.

The increased risk of breast and cervical cancer falls back down again once the combined pill stops being taken. About 10 years after stopping, a person’s risk is no longer affected.

I see. I was confused. There seems to be a link between people who take birth control and those two cancers. But it isn’t clear whether the birth control causes the increased risk, or whether people who take birth control are more likely to be exposed to HPV, which has been proven to increase risk of cervical cancer.

1 Like

And gloves or finger guards for finger play because of fingernails which can cause skin tears. Even small scratches speed transfer of stds

1 Like

Yes, if you like long nails this is a good tip. To prevent scratches you can stuff cotton balls into the fingers of your rubber gloves. There is a stigma against lesbians with long fingernails, though. They are seen as selfish lovers because they won’t trim their nails for their partner. But it all comes down to individual preference.

2 Likes

I have to keep mine short because of scratching myself during my period.

1 Like

My nails are short long nails don’t suit me
At least. Not whilst my fingers are fat.

I take a shot. I got sick of the pills being a hassle.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.