Why I don’t trust doctors

Originally my complaint was shortness of breath upon exertion maybe a year ago. I’ve been diagnosed with COPD and everything else. I finally got a second opinion on my lungs, and this pulmonologist said I don’t have COPD, just some calcium deposits probably from when I had pneumonia. She also said I have some emphysema from smoking. In her opinion lung surgery the other doctor was proposing was unnecessary.
In the meantime the new nurse practitioner I saw determined I was anemic. My shortness of breath has gotten better after my anemia is being treated.

3 Likes

I trust my doctor with my life. I always try to get him to prescribe me more pills. The more pills the less symptoms.

2 Likes

I think it can be a problem with a competitive health system. Like you make money by getting stuff done. Not a bad thing having a public health system. Honestly. America is rich enough to look after a lot more people health wise than they do.

3 Likes

It’s not a bad idea to question doctors, they are not perfect in their job, they are just people like the rest of us.

1 Like

Trust doctors but the best outcome is when you have intelligent patients who know best what is bothering them. Together, they will solve the most difficult tasks.

1 Like

COPD consists of two different diseases; bronchitis and emphesema. So if you have emphysema it is under the umbrella COPD.

2 Likes

Thanks @Zwaynopolous

1 Like

Yea you really gotta question everything with doctors.

Good luck hope u will have an easy smooth and recovery orientated prognosis :hugs:

I had a demented psychiatrist when I was young. I believed all of his sweet talk. I got hurt when he rejected my own thought difficulties. He just got mad when I actually needed him.

1 Like

My regular doctor hit on me. It was uncomfortable.im getting another doctor.

1 Like