Why I do not get a smart phone

I have glaucoma and I basically can not read small texts that these smart phone have. Do you have a smart phone? Actually I am quite worried about my eye sight.

whats 5-htp? is it a drug?

i know my med causes eye problems sometimes and also tiredness and concentration issues

is that a psyche drug?

Read a wikipedia writing, seems to help in many matters.

Ive had an iPhone since 2007. This year for the first time I have to use glasses to use it and the iPadā€¦also going to turn 50 years old in a few months.

You can change the font size in the smartphoneā€™s display options in Android at least. Though some text on websites arenā€™t affected by that setting.

I do everything on my smartphone and android tablet since I spend most of my time laying in bed or on the couch. Iā€™d use my laptop, but itā€™s too bulky and unwieldy while laying down.

One thing I hate about smart phones is they have a GPS and can track where you are even if the GPS is off. There is an option to turn off location logging, but itā€™s on by default if you donā€™t know about it. Also, sometimes it flips itself back on randomly even though I always have it off. Plus the front facing camera and the fact that it saves your information to ā€˜the cloudā€™ by default kinda puts me off. As long as you know how to turn these things (mostly) off, owning a smartphone isnā€™t that bad.

It used to bother me quite a bit that it tracked me everywhere I went. For fun I would drive around in circles all around town, even stopping at random locations for under 5 minutes at a time to drop enough ā€œbreadcrumbsā€ to make it look like I was visiting someone. Didnā€™t give a crap who or if anyone noticed, it just made me happy to give out so much ā€œmis-informationā€. Never thought it would backfire on me, but hey, they play, I play. No harm done, truth come out in the end.

first i have to get the ā€™ dumb ā€™ phone,
then move up to the ā€™ slightly intelligent ā€™ phone,
then my big goal is to get the ā€™ smart ā€™ phone.
take care

1 Like

" age is an issue of mind over matter, if you donā€™t mind it doesnā€™t matter !"ā€¦mark twain.
are you a leoā€¦
take care

(?)
As in born in August time?
No.

I always have to laugh about it being called a ā€œsmartā€ phone.
It donā€™t plug itself in, now does it?

1 Like

I would drop itā€¦

1 Like

I have a smartphone. I donā€™t know what Iā€™d do without it. There are so many features. When my computer acts up (a lot lately), I can always turn to my phone.

I threw my smart phone in the dumpster cause I felt I was being watched for 8 months and also lost an internship with Disney due to voices.