Why have I kept returning to psychosis?

I have come to realise that everything in life is a choice. We cannot perceive the choose but we can know that there is one that chooses.

Why have I kept choosing to experience psychosis?

There is only one chooser, call it what you will, you cannot perceive it, you cannot chain it to cause and effect or logical reasoning, because it is one, it is the cause, the fundamental axiom, and it cannot be perceived.

So why am I even asking this question?

I don’t want to experience psychosis again. I want to overcome my diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. I simply have to choose to do this. But it is not as simple as that. The “I” that I perceive is not the real chooser, not my real “self”, so to speak.

I need to chain myself to something that has already experienced the psychosis I have experienced and knows the answer to overcoming it.

In many ways it is like an addiction.

I don’t want to go into details about what I experience, I just want to leave the experiences behind, in the past, forever. Is that possible?

Thank you.

1 Like

Psychosis is only a choice when you choose to avoid meds. The only way to overcome the disease is to get on a med that works for you and stick to it.

Welcome to the forum. Ifyou need anything, just @ a mod. @Ninjastar @anon9798425 and me @DearZombie

2 Likes

First off, Welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you’re searching for.

medication and therapy have helped me become more aware of what I can and can’t choose. They make it less important. They make the psychosis go away.

Do you have a Psychiatrist?
They’re really good at these kinds of questions

1 Like

I disagree with you @anon4362788 , there are other methods better methods than medications to control
intrusive thoughts.

You are free to disagree but honestly, peoplewho avoid meds are far more symptomatic than those who are on them.

2 Likes

medication does amazing things! It’s helped take away voices and intrusive thoughts, the delusions.

They’ve worked much better than anything else I’ve found or heard of

Why was my message deleted?

I work on myself and my tolerances/anxiety levels in conjunction with my med,

best results for me were going on my current med which helped me to work on myself inorder to recover, hopefully i will keep improving and maybe one day i could try without but i’m not thinking about that atm,

as far as choice goes I chose to change my meds but i was guided to that decision from above

i don’t see a deleted post.

1 Like

Basically I said that one day I realized the things I used to believe in were not real. There is no way to communicate with people in your head and everything you ever believed about what they told you can just go away. Life is a lot more simple when you admit, and choose to stop believing in delusions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.