Why exercise sucks.... In some way

Because I can’t do it like I used to so when I do it it’s like wth is this???
I still try anyways
For now
Better than nothing
For now

4 Likes

I just walk it takes longer but I enjoy it and I can be in nature or around the neighborhood. It’s hard during winter. Although that’s what treadmills for. But yeah I don’t do crazy excercise I just walk as much as I possibly can!! And it keeps me in alright shape.

4 Likes

I need a treadmill it’s so cold in London right now it also puts me off but hey I need to remain strong and continue.
Walking in nature that must be quite tranquil

1 Like

I always play a sport to get in shape as opposed to just walking or pumping the weights.

This way you are having fun and don’t even realize you’re getting a good workout. For example, when I golf I walk over 6 thousand yards. But if you told me to just walk 6 thousand yards in a straight line, I’d say forget it.

2 Likes

You just have to try to find something that you would enjoy. You should try walking or swimming they are both pretty enjoyable. Although living in London the first one might not be the same.

2 Likes

Even things like standing up. I’m an anxiety person I pace a lot and don’t sit down. I think they said you’ll lose 5 lbs in a year on average if you have to stand for your job. Rather than sit.

1 Like

Nothing feels as ggood as jogging to me that’s the thing…but anyway if it comes to it I’ll resort to walking and learn to love it!!:slight_smile: (well maybe)

1 Like

I sometimes play badminton as a workout option. It’s fun, and like you say, you don’t even notice you’re getting exercise.
… That is, until my face turns red and sweat starts dripping, lol

2 Likes

Exercise is my coping skill. I don’t take anything for anxiety. So, five days a week for an hour, I choose how I exercise but I try to get that mtf anxiety “that makes me want to knaw my own mtf arm off” I workout, and it takes “the edge off”. Spares a lot of people from my emoness. If you know me, you can tell if I’m having a rest day because I ooze twitchyness.

1 Like

I do yoga because it’s calming and not usually too strenuous.

2 Likes

I need to exercise. I have a treadmill and I never use it. The truth is I hate exercise. I am just naturally a lazy person and these meds don’t help. I am currently 208pounds and its climbing 2lbs a month. I know I have to do something soon. I have foot pain in the arch of my foot. That doesn’t help but it’s no excuse. I just don’t know where to start and I love food and have no idea about counting calories or portion control.

2 Likes

I love food too much too. Its not easy.

I was exercising with my husband but I’m having more and more trouble getting motivated.

1 Like

Cool. I like Pilates it’s similar to yoga isn’t it. But as I’ve become weaker it’s not the same

I’m sorry I don’t do much at all. a little. I should do yoga- easiest.
Its hard ans I don’t feel like hard. I feel like i need it but always resist. I don’t want to die for 13 more years but not willing. an occasional walk, but not enough. sorry.

1 Like

Nothing to be sorry for… We can only do as much as we can do

For a while I was walking on the treadmill every day. I fell off with that when depression struck and haven’t gotten back into it yet. I know I should but I just haven’t had it in me yet.

1 Like

I know the feeling I had a while where I wasn’t doing physical activity, including walking. Keep going at ur own pace disciple it’s cool. Hopefully with time u can take it up again.

1 Like

I too have a treadmill in the house but never use it.
I’m having a hard time exercising (walking) as I also have a bad right foot and I’m just tired all the time.

I love food especially comfort foods.

I really have to try harder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.