Why exercise helps

Sometimes I think of everything I’ve experienced at once and it feels like it’s going to crush me into a pulp. It’s like standing in front of a tsunami and watching the wave rise higher and higher. When I work out, I realized I can let myself feel those feelings, and they are not painful, because it’s like I am running away from them. Even though I’m just on an elliptical at a gym, it’s like I am running running running from the tsunami. I don’t have to be crushed by it anymore. And when I’m done the endorphins make me feel euphoric, like I got away, I’m safe, I did it. And I feel stronger, and I feel good.

People say exercise is good for mental health and throw around a lot of scientific terms but no one ever really talks about the emotional side of it and how it feels and I think that’s important too because someone who’s depressed or disturbed or angry doesn’t care about the science of exercise they just want to feel something different than what they’re feeling.

6 Likes

Exercise is a good habit to have!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.