Why does USB A still exist?

Just a rant. So many wires. The worst connector that constantly gets loose and breaks.

3 Likes

It helps us burn off bad karma.

2 Likes

Why does the PGA still exist? They just chase little balls around the course and bore the hell out of me when dad watches on tv.

3 Likes

i could see if you said why does micro usb exist as its obsolete now in comparison to usb c, but almost every device i have connects to my pc with standard usb a

1 Like

6uxadr

2 Likes

I think both should micro and A should be discontinued.

Both are annoying.

1 Like

USB C is the best; at least it slides in easy and low chance of snapping.

1 Like

It goes in smoothly and firm.

USB A and Micro feels janky. Like tin. And gotta figure out which direction to plug it into.

2 Likes

Th worst part of USB-A is that you have to rotate it at least twice before it will go in the socket :joy:

3 Likes

I feel this. I have a micro plug for my Kindle and headphones on the left of my bed, and the USB-C for my phone on the right. I’ve made a point to only buy the cords in colors, too, so that if I move either, and they’re near each other, I can differentiate with a glance. FYI, most purples are too dark to tell from black in low light.

1 Like

That’s a good idea.

Yeah USB A sucks. Probably cheaper to manufacture though as its older.

Worse is mixing it on one device with USB C.

Why does an XBOX have USC A going to a USB C controller?

Dont forget microusb!

nothing beats a good pair of jump leads imo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.