Why does no one

Why do those in my life never reach out to me? I’m always the one that calls or texts them to see how they’re doing. Why don’t they do the same for me and my family? Does this happen to anybody else?

5 Likes

Yea specific person in my family.
I just don’t reach out much either to them.
We clash a bit I suppose.

I wish people in my family wanted to reach out more to me generally via WhatsApp but idk they have their reasons.

3 Likes

That sucks. I have no tension with anyone. We’re all on speaking terms when we see each other. They talk to one another on Facebook, but don’t include me. IDK maybe I’m being too sensitive.

1 Like

I feel left out alot too but having to reach out and get a response is better than not reaching out and getting none.

3 Likes

Yes. This happens to me. For me that’s the way to see that people are not interested on me. So I end up feeling tired of texting or calling people because I can see clearly that they don’t care about me.

1 Like

Me and that specific person do talk but just not really so so much.
Idk if you are being too sensitive.
That’s a tricky one. But if everyone is invited into the grp chat except you then that seems a bit strange

2 Likes

Also cos I don’t reach out to them lol. So I just want them to reach out to me lol.

Seems a bit funny I know

1 Like

Yeah, they do group chats without me too.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. That’s not nice.

1 Like

If they are “normies” (even i don’t like the word it’s very precise) they are often to busy living their life with the family and career to call you often, even they care and think about you.

I have accepted that to some degree, my closest friends are a bit weird and they contact me, almost, just as often as i do.

1 Like

It’s a status thing. If you have low status in their eyes they don’t want to talk to you much. I know it’s kind of bullcrap but that is just human nature.

2 Likes

Forget them then. Next time they need something or are in trouble, they can go ask their buddies.

If you are actually wanting to talk to a lot of people, you can do things that raise status. Like go to places and post about it on Facebook, or do charity work or something. I’m not totally at that place in my life yet, but basically do things that look impressive to people and they’ll think you’re cooler.

I’m nurturing a head injury and I barely want to talk to my parents and sister even. I can’t even stand to talk on the phone, it’s like torture. So I prefer being alone until this ■■■■ resolves.

2 Likes

I already do those things and more. They know I’m quarky and funny. But they still prefer not to reach out. Maybe I’m too much for them. :thinking: I’m usually the center of attention at our gatherings. They’re always asking for my opinion there, and they always compliment on how smart I am. They know I am knowledgeable in the sciences and cosmic perspectives. Basically I’m saying they only talk to me at our gatherings, but I’m not talked to outside of that. Also, my social skills have improved dramatically. I can hold a logical conversation, as opposed to the word salad in years past.

1 Like

There’s a different approach you can take. Just love yourself more, so you’re not dependent on other people’s approval so much. Take what you can get and don’t let unexpected interactions bother you. Don’t have this idea that you can control outcomes, the universe is all random and unexpected. Just really have control of your perspective.

Think of it like this, you’re wandering through the city, and you see something offensive. You can be all emotionally hurt by it, or you can just distance yourself from it psychologically and say “oh, that happened.”

It’s harder for a SZ person to do that because our brains are chronically inflamed, which makes us more gullible and sensitive, but there is a psychological aspect to it. Like part of it is willful.

1 Like

I like this approach. I don’t want their approval, just a little conversation. I’m a big introvert btw, but that doesn’t mean I don’t crave a little interaction. IDK… I guess I’ll just go back to my books and my little bubble. :nerd_face::open_book: Talking on here helped. Thanks for chatting with me @anon90843118 @naturallycured @Katherine85 @bluebutterfly @brandotron

3 Likes

I’m pretty introverted too. I don’t think my best self is super extroverted either. Just somewhere in the middle. I think a partner who is my ideological opposite (religiously similar though) will push me out of my bubble and be better for the kids, they’ll be more well-rounded.

Best wishes though!

2 Likes

Thanks! You as well. :grin: My best self is when I’m reading and cuddling with my dog…lol

3 Likes

Yeah this definitely happens to me I always feel like I’m bothering them or something. Furthermore, I start thinking that maybe it’s because of my mental health or that I’m not enough and that’s when the voices come in. They tell me that everyone hates me so I definitely understand how hard it can be the first one reaching out it feels like you are just a bother.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.