Why does he do this?

He stopped my benztropine abruptly. I have been having nightmares and akathisia. This is the pdoc that yelled at me in the ward years back. I found some leftover benztropine.

you can always get a second opinion if you want to

4 Likes

2nd opinion would be best as described above not only to get a second opinion but to get meds to safely discontinue if that need to be the case.

1 Like

benztropine/trihexyphenidyl are used to treat EPS side effects of antipsychotics. I would personally wont take them as they worsen your cognition. You can ask for propranolol for akathisia. I take clozapine, and it does not require EPS meds at all.

1 Like

I called my caseworker and she said he stopped the benztropine because latuda is not high on the akathisia be scale. I guess I’ll learn to live with it.

I take Latuda and i have akathisia. I was taking 140mg and it was worse but my pdoc backed it off to 120mg and prescribed me propanolol. Now it’s not as bad. I take benztropine for hand tremors.

1 Like

I’ll ask him if propanolol (SP?) Is an option.

1 Like

I’m on risperidone and I take trihexphenidyl for tremors.

1 Like

I really hate your doctor. He’s not good for you. How hard would it be to get a different doctor?

1 Like

Not very difficult.

1 Like

I think it would be in your best interest to do that then. I really hate to see you struggle and your doctor be so useless.

5 Likes