Why do you think you have SZ?

External stimulation the nurture part of the nature vs nurture phrase…

No one in my family has it, but I started having problems after very traumatic events.

Environment & specific people brought it out. Maybe genetic too.

I had a drug-induced psychosis related to dextroamphetamine intake, according to the psychiatrist at the time of my hospital visit.

A big issue related to the etiology of psychosis is whether or not psychoactive drug use can be considered a “cause” of schizophrenioa - a disorder that has been traditionally thought of as “independent” of substance use. The jury is out on that question.

I dont really think i have sz. My doc sais i have and i go psychotic if i quit taking pills. So i assume i have sz. But i could be wrong. Maybe i was just born unlucky.

I blame my pdoc’s dx’n me entirely, I didn’t do anything, I’m innocent.

An uncle of mine had it so I had genetic predisposition

I was a really happy and smart kid until I was 14 when I left my home country. I arrived to this new country where I lived a shitty life, no safety, had to witness a lot of crap as a young boy, my life became from perfect to hell, i think that’s the ‘trauma’ my pdoc told me about when I asked him why I had sza

What country are you in now? What happened that made you unsafe?

I dunno. Maybe trauma from childhood abuse, maybe my serious head injury, maybe just bad luck

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a particular reason.
I was born this way.

2 Likes

In Malaysia.I don’t think I could recover and I don’t want to depend on med forever,it sucks

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this. It’s such a difficult ordeal. :confused: