Why do so many people here want to stop meds?

Ok, good that your husband has an eye on you.

Me before AP’s…

Me after AP’s…

3 Likes

Why don’t you ever wear a shirt, @anon39054230?

2 Likes

I was off meds for 2 years, then I crashed and burned and ended up in hospital completely psychotic.

Now I need 15mg instead of 10mg of abilify.

1 Like

Same here, I used to work out like crazy. Now I can barely move without feeling exhausted!

1 Like

gained about 45 kg from ■■■■■■■ Antipsychotics, have lost 11 kg now but it takes so long to undo the weight gain. I also feel so sedated with medications, even with newer 2nd generations antipsychotics.

3 Likes

Some ppl here relapsed after more 5-7 years of being off meds. I relapsed after 2yrs. Its not worth it for me as I had negative symptoms and was’t functional even off meds. My negative and cognitive symptoms started 2-3yrs before my diagnosis and before being put on meds.

Discussing coming off meds is fine, until you encourage others to do the same.

2 Likes

I was able to work full time while on Latuda but not off meds.

1 Like

Why did you quit latuda?

1 Like

Side effects, akathisia, insomnia and nausea. Also had to force myself to eat min 350 calories with it. Also had irritability.

1 Like

Ok, that sucks. I understand why you quit taking them.

1 Like

I am still on 6mg Risperdal.

1 Like

The last time I went off meds it was at the suggestion of my doctor and with oversight (I’m exceptionally stable and able to maintain insight under challenging circumstances). Didn’t last long, I was back on my APs in short order as my symptoms got beyond what I could handle. I can function on a low dose, but lose my function with no dose.

4 Likes

do you have to eat at least 350 kcal when taking latuda? my doctor told me it was fine with just a protein shake? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes my Dr and the pharmacist told me it has to be 350 calories minimum, its also written on the med package.

2 Likes

i had no idea only knew you had to eat something :sleepy:

1 Like

Well from what I remember I think a protein shake with milk and maybe bananas is 350 calories or more.

1 Like

I want to go on a lower dose because I cannot concentrate on anything and they are noticing at work it is embarrassing and they think I dont listen when I do. I also struggle with motivation and lack of creativity. I’m practically mentally disabled living like this I hate it. Plus I get ocular gyric crisises which are like attacks and can last ages. Honestly if I had to live like this for the rest of my life I would rather not live it’s just not worth it.

2 Likes

feel the same :frowning: 99292929