Why do people want to be happy?

Why they want happiness ?

hang on, somebody from J is for Jellyfish is adding comment.

Cause it’s not as expensive as being sad.

It’s unrealistic for someone to wish for happiness all of the time. But wishing to sometimes feel joy, here and there, that’s what keeps me going. Creating fun memories, collecting fun pictures of those memories… :relaxed:

3 Likes

That kind of happiness is attainable. But why do you want it ?

2 Likes

I want it because, to me, it makes life worth living.

3 Likes

Probably because being miserable all the time ain’t no fun. (Well, for most of us.)

[ bites @Jinx on the ankle ]

Woo hoo!

:grin:

3 Likes

Everyone gets happy by their own way. Nuff said.

1 Like

Because happiness feels good. Sadness feels bad. Personally, I prefer to feel good. I’ve had two periods of pure happiness that lasted about a year and a half. The first one was when I was about six, and the other when I was 26. I’ve had periods of depression, but most of the time I am mildly happy. I have it better than a great many people in the world. I don’t have many responsibilities weighing me down. When I was drinking I suffered from some unhappiness. Some of those hangovers were a real misery.

But why do you prefer that?

Some words you can’t reduce to a simple definition, like “happiness” and “good”, in the sense we are using it now. Any definition you give it will need to be defined itself. I want to feel good because it feels good to feel good.

1 Like

There was a period at school where I was really miserable. I was miserable in high school. I guess there were times when I was unhappy. I don’t feel unhappy now, though.

Because compared to unhappiness, happiness feels pretty good.

1 Like

I’d rather feel grounded than happy. I’m too old for drama.

1 Like

this.

it is pretty obvious to me, happniess feels good and we all want to experience happiness

2 Likes

You’re grounded (not-so) young lady! Don’t even think of leaving your room.

(Better?)

:grin:

4 Likes

All men have happiness (Spanish accent) :pinching_hand::carrot:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Little tail big shells :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.