Why do I have to feel so sad

I feel so empty and frustrated with myself. I feel like I’m losing me. Every day i feel more and more lost and like I’m battling this all by myself.

4 Likes

It’s probably because you’re in the middle of changing your mood medication. Things should be ok once that’s sorted.

4 Likes

Thank you. I hope it all straightens out soon

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’ve had severe depression before and I was sad and suicidal. It does get better though. I’m sorry you have to wait for it. Or you can try meds.

2 Likes

I agree with everhopeful. I think it’s your med change. You’re coming off Lithium and onto Zoloft, and both are in limbo in your system right now. Hopefully the Zoloft kicks in soon and you can start feeling better!

3 Likes

Just off lithium and on zoloft so its that in between

1 Like

Thanks. I’m holding out hope. It’s not great

@FatMama oh please do treat yourself to something yummy to eat !! how about ice cream? what’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

1 Like

Tiger tiger for sure!

I’ve heard that CBT is good for depression. Have you tried antidepressants? Talk to your therapist about getting a medication that will help. You have alternatives.

1 Like

I’ve been feeling down in the dumps also because of my Moms condition.
Hang in there @FatMama it’s most likely your medication situation making you feel more depressed.
Give it some more time to work.

2 Likes

I’m in the middle of a med change

2 Likes

Thanks. I wish things were easier for you. Sending hope for your mom.

2 Likes

Thanks @FatMama.

1 Like

What @Wave is suggesting is tenacity hanging on for life when it gets tough. Waiting until it gets better. When the going gets tough the tough get going. We could all use an extra portion of that. If you walk or work at home you will get a break and it will get easier for a while. Keep it up and your life will heal. But don’t keep picking at it.

2 Likes

@FatMama
You are NOT alone. We’re here with you. Let it out, hon. Take care.

1 Like

I’m so tired of fighting it but I really have hope that zoloft is the key

Thanks. I don’t feel quite alone when I’m on here

1 Like

Yes. There are regs who help those in crisis. Feel better

1 Like

That could be why you’re so depressed. I felt like you do when I didn’t get my Wellbutrin and when I was coming of gabapentin. Both times I was suffering more than I cared to. Things will get better.

2 Likes