Schizophrenia.com

Why do I feel suddenly better?

Hi, Up until this morning I was hallucinating twenty four seven. My delusion had sunk in that I could hear spirits who were able to inhabit me and sometimes control me. I was absolutely panicked. So, after much listening over a few months my mental health team prescribed me tomazepam. Suddenly I have received the calm that follows the storm. I’m not 100% perfect but thank God I am feeling nearly there. My delusions have diminished considerably, the hallucinations are nearly gone but best of all I feel calm and hopeful because I think I’m recovering. What has worked? If it’s the tomazepam then what on earth should I do because it is only prescribed for the short term… What do you think? Thanks in advance… I have to say feeling nearly normal is the strangest and most pleasant feeling I’ve had in a long time!

2 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better. Always good to hear good news.

2 Likes

Thanks Minnie. I’ve been living in psychosis too long now. About 17 years! It’s the most debit of all afflictions with extreme unknown about cure. Hopefully this will last longer than today but never give up.

Let’s hope the good continues. Rooting for you, good luck!

1 Like

Tell your doctor exactly what you are experiencing, then make your case for staying on it longer. Sometimes a particular med. will work wonders for a person.

1 Like

that sounds like a benzo. benzos are short term use only. I was on them semi long term, now I’m having a tough time coming off them.

consider taking l-theanine 300mg as an experiment when they take you off the benzos, if benzos help, then maybe l-theanine might help.

1 Like

Thanks everhopeful, I shall look up l-theanime and consider it. This really shows how a good chemical adjustment can help you overcome the symptoms…

1 Like

Hi everhopeful, I am just writing an additional note to say thank you. I purchased l-theanine the day before yesterday and started taking 150mg twice daily as an alternative to diazepam. I am stunned. So far so good. I’m significantly better by miles. This seems too good to be true because I have suffered for nearly twenty years but the nightmare is coming to an end.

1 Like