Why do I feel like dying when hungry?

I get agitated and angry, dizzy, confused etc
My blood test shows normal blood glucose and normal A1C, 5.7. This only happens after 3pm, never before. Its weird, idk what it is. I told the Dr but he ignored me.

Maybe its mental issue? Low blood glucose?

I don’t know. You’ve brought this up before. Maybe you should consider getting your own blood glucose meter yourself and test your blood sugar when you feel odd. Then you can know for sure one way or the other. Then if you do have low blood sugar, you could bring this up with your doctor. Type 2 diabetics are much more likely to have issues with high blood sugar than low though.

2 Likes

I did it a few times and blood glucose was normal, 4.7. Chart said its normal.

1 Like

I fear that I have pancreatic cancer like my uncle.

1 Like

Are you talking about A1C or daily blood sugar checks? Because my meter takes readings like 100, 150, 95 ect. A1C, which is a measure of 3 months or something has a reading like 4.7.

1 Like

I start shaking when I am hungry.

1 Like

Eating is a matter of survival. You might feel all kinds of stress when hungry.

1 Like

If you are genuinely worried, and feel you have some symptoms, then you should get an appointment with your regular doctor. They’ll be able to tell you what’s going on.

2 Likes

My A1C in blood tests was 5.7. The 4.7 is blood glucose lvl in mmol/L. Normal range is 4 to 7 mmol/L.

1 Like

I see. It’s a different kind of meter than mine. Well, I would say that it probably isn’t a blood sugar issue then.

I guess all that you can do is keep hounding your doctor, like Pandy suggested, until he listens.

2 Likes

I just read that hunger increases cortisol, the stress hormone. Yes I feel stressed when hungry.

1 Like

I have the same issue when I don’t eat. I went to a doctor quite a few years ago. She said I was hypoglycemic but couldn’t explain why. She said I needed further testing. I never check into it further. Just live with it. I prob should get checked further

1 Like

I hope for me that its the AP causing it and not pancreatic cancer.

1 Like

I’m no doctor but hypoglycemia doesn’t sound right if your A1C tests and your checks of daily blood sugar come up normal. I think that if this issue is still bothering you after all this time you need to pressure your doctor into ordering appropriate tests for whatever may be causing it.

2 Likes

Besides, Ap’s aren’t known to cause low blood sugar. They cause high blood sugar if anything.

4 Likes

@Bowens

I just read that fatty liver disease can cause hypoglycemia and I have fatty liver disease. That 4.7 reading was done long time ago. Now it got worse so I should use my glucose meter again. Its weird though, why it only happens after 3pm?

1 Like

Yeah, I have no idea about the 3pm. It couldn’t hurt to check your blood sugar occasionally if you are worried about it. It’s quick and easy and can’t do you any harm.

1 Like

What’s your diet like? Have you tried doing a diet high in protein and healthy fats? Eating smaller portions more frequently? Eating more fiber? I don’t know what the magic bullet solution is for anyone, there’s obviously a lot of different approaches to diet, so I’m not recommending anything specifically. But it might be worth trying a couple of different approaches systematically and seeing how you feel.

Say, one week might be trying a Keto type diet, just to see how you feel, then the next week doing something else. Or if you usually eat cereal for breakfast maybe try having a protein shake for a couple of days, then try a couple of days with oatmeal. Just to give things enough of a chance to see if it makes any difference to how you feel.

I’m sorry that you’re dealing with this, it sounds like it would make daily life pretty unpleasant and more difficult.

1 Like

My daily breakfast is a protein bar, 21g protein.